I can barely believe that in a little under three weeks, we will be CAMPING!!
We leave home on the 27th December and come home on the 5th January - so 9 night under canvass!
CRIKEY!!
And to be honest - I'm really looking forward to it!
Call me crazy, but I see it as a bit of adventure - something that I rarely get in my life these days! hehehe...
OK, so I'm not really sure how much of it can actually be classified as real camping, since we are going to a really well maintained holiday park in a city, but hey - it's the first time that I would have slept in a tent since I was a bloody teenager!
The weekend passed by in a bit of a blur, Friday night we went out for dinner and did a spot of Xmas shopping, then home for a quiet night.
Saturday Jeremy went off to the races for his Xmas party so I did some more Xmas shopping and also caught up with a few friends.
Then, I went around to Sonya's for dinner and got home at about 10pm!
Sunday was brunch with some friends, then more shopping!
I found some gorgeous fabric for curtains for Rhian's new room, so now all I have to do is find the time to sew them up!
I think I'll be leaving that until the New Year :)
Pleased to say that I have 95% finished my Xmas shopping, so now all I need to do is wrap it all - the part I love!
On Friday I looked at hiring a Rug Doctor to clean the carpet, and it was going to cost me over $80.
So... I had a quick look online and found some cheap carpet shampooers that were for sale at Godreys.
After checking out the reviews online, I decided that I would get one...
Godfreys
$99 for a carpet shampooer!
I used it last night and it is bloody marvellous!
The carpet came up really really well and there is just one mark that I didnt get out - so I will attack that with some stain remover and give it another go in a few days to see if I cant move it.
Anyway - it's safe to say that a $99 machine can actually do a bloody good job - better than the las time I hired a Rug Doctor in fact!
And of course it means that I can do it at 10pm at night in my pyjamas if I am so inclined :)
BARGAIN!!
How's your Xmas shopping going???
Sounds like 'full on' weekend socially :) You did forget to say though how the Work Do at the Races went LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat that you have got the Christmas shopping done.......have you done mine???
The cleaner sounds a good deal...good for you.
Camping.......not for me !!! LOL
Is Rhian going into "our room" ? LOL .... I'm sure we can share :)
Love you :)
xoxoxo
I love camping but Stu does not. That is why we have a beach house. So does that shampooer leave the floor really wet ?? I've thought about getting one so might look into it.
ReplyDeleteI was going to hire a Rug Doctor after all our visitors left... but now I've seen that machine you bought... I WANT ONE.... cos it's like.... BLUE too! Score.
ReplyDelete