Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday 18th December 2012

After thinking that Jaynie was over the diarreah last week, on Friday afternoon it came back :(
I finally got in touch with the Doctor's surgery yesterday afternoon (after leaving several messages - but that's a whole other story!) and it turns out that all the tests came back clear!
There is no sign of anything sinister at all in her system - and they tested for pretty much everything.
So.... both the Doctor and the nurse seem to think that it could be a reaction to the 24 hour tummy bug that she had a few weeks back, and in some cases, toddlers can develop a temporary intolerance to lactose because of the imbalance in their system from the diarreah.
Hmmmm.... looks like we have to cut out ALL dairy for a bit and then slowly introduce it back again.
Bloody difficult for a child who ADORES yoghurt and cheese and milk and basically ANYTHING that contains dairy!
I'm going to get some soy milk today and see how she goes with that as a drink, but I'm a bit stuck as to what else to offer her for those quick snacks where usually a yoghurt or a slice of cheese is "demanded" by her.
Breakfast thins morning for her was a banana and toast (without butter) instead of the usual cereal with milk, but she wasn't that enthused by it.
Lunch will be eggs, and I am pretty sure that by later on today I will have dinner covered (she can just eat what we are having) but for a fussy eater like my girl is, I'm a little perplexed...
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

As for me, I'm just tired.
Totally looking forward to our holiday next week!
I guess the lead up to Christmas is a bit tiring for everybody - this year I thought I would breeze through it since I'm not working, but being pregnant and getting bigger seems to slow me down :)
I had to give in on the weekend and go by some bigger undies - much to my disgust :(
I think I also have to resign myself to the fact that my jeans are no longer a viable option either.
I've been holding them up with a couple of cleverly positioned hair ties and a belly band thing, but yesterday only just half a day, it felt like my circulation was being cut off, so off they came - what a relief!
This led me on a shopping trip to try to find a couple of stretchy skirts, but do you think I could find any??
I tried everywhere, and all the skirts seems to be horrifically short!  A length that I have NEVER worn!
I was starting to get totally pissed off and decided to call it quits when I realised that I had actually parked outside Millers.
MILLERS of all places!!!
I decided to give it a go - I had nothing to lose....
SCORE!!  I found three skirts and a top!
All stretchy, all long, all "big" around the waist where I need it.
All for the total sum of around $60.
AWESOME!!!
Considering I was expecting to pay more than that for ONE skirt - I was desperate!
Stripey Skirt
Plain Skirt
I got a black plain skirt and an aqua one as well.
I can't find the top that I got but it's a long line tunic style with a buckle at the boobs that just hangs perfectly over my bump!
I'm stoked!  And to think I found it all at Millers!

Righto - time to go and sort out Rhian's room - she seems to think that "Cleaning up" means just shoving everything to one side!

















I will be having words with her when she gets back on Wednesday that is for sure!
Normally I would just leave it and make her clean it up properly, but she has a friend coming for a sleep over on Wednesday and I need to get to the spare bed that;s under her bed!
She's only 8 - what the heck is she going to be like at 16!?!?
CRIKEY!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the skirts and of course love that shop!!! LOL
    As for Jaynie's eating.....I'd try almond milk....it's sweet, instead of the soy, or rice milk not that I've tried that one. Fruit of all kinds especially the banana to help "bung" her up. Stewed apples or other cooked fruit. Meat & veges of course LOL. Maybe try good old "google" and search for dairy free foods for kids or even Paleo for kids. I am sure there are heaps of ideas out there. Just some ideas to get you started :)
    Love Rhians idea of cleaning her room.!!! Guess as usual she was in a hurry. :) Maybe time to start another bribe chart in both houses!!! Room tidy every day :)
    Love you and try and rest up a bit today while it's quiet. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over here in Aus we have a Soy yoghurt thats Vanilla Flavoured and its quite nice. almond milk is also very very Yummy!!
    At the new daycare i work at we have lactoce intolerant kids and we use Nutlex as a spread. taste just like butter but its made with vegie oil. dont know what the equivilent of it in nz is but its worth a try!!

    Love ashlee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My doctor back in the UK used to recommend grating apple into Lucozade. Apparently the pectin in the apple reacts with something in the Lucozade and its a good natural way to bind you up!

    Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a long time of health problems with my little fella- poo issues, mucous/colds/coughs etc. I took him to a naturopath and was advised to go off dairy. We use rice and almond, alternating as rice is a grain and almond is higher in protein; we were advised against soy yoghurt as it is not fermented soy beans and therefore difficult for our body to process. We use nuttelex instead of butter/marg and pretty much avoid anything out of a packet as most things contain milk solids. I got busy baking instead and replaced any milk or butter with the above stuff. Seems hard to get used to but I'd say she'll be a different kid without it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if you can get this in NZ, but in the fridge aile at woolworths you can buy a cream cheese substitute call Tofootie. It is made from soft tofu, but tastes almost identical to cream cheese. Kids wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'm sure if you spread it on crackers she would like it.

    ReplyDelete