I've been powering through the lemons and honey making hot lemon/honey drinks to try and ease my throat and clear my nose, of course it's not really working, but the drinks are yummy! hehehe...
I'll have to make another trip to the damn supermarket today and restock my lemon (and honey) supply.
Last night Jeremy came home from work early and took over... it was lovely!
Played with Jaynie, sorted her out for dinner, got her to bed, made me dinner, and even ran me a bath... it was just so nice not to have to do anything - BLISS :)
My nose doesn't seem to be quite so blocked as yesterday, but just as I suspected, a bloody huge coldsore has appeared right slap bang in the middle of my top lip - NOT IMPRESSED!
I've been slathering it in Zovirax but I didn't get to it in time so now I am just gonna have to suffer through that as well over the next week or so...
NOT FAIR!!
Re-reading yesterdays posts made me realise something that even surprised me!
I have a giant sweet tooth, I joke that you could cover anything in chocolate and I would eat it.
I have a giant sweet tooth, I joke that you could cover anything in chocolate and I would eat it.
Going over the list of "want" yesterday in relation to comfort foods, I realised that they were all savoury things!
Totally weird!
And, when I read the suggestions of making something low/no-carb and sweet to combat this, it didn't interest me in the slightest!
Even weirder!
Seems I have lost my compulsion to eat chocolate - or anything vaguely related to it at the moment.
When I went to the chemist yesterday, I called in to the bakery next door to grab Miss Jaynie a treat of a marshmallow cone, and I indulged and got myself a caramel tart.
Well, Jaynie's marshmallow cone is smeared all over the couch, in her dollies hair, and trampled in to the carpet, and my caramel tart is still sitting on the bench!
I just can't bring myself to eat it... it will go in the bin when I finish typing!
In fact, it just went in the bin right now - and I noticed that Jeremy must have tried it cos there was a big bite out of it! Hehehe...
I think I'll stick to my nuts and yoghurt, then chicken salad for lunch :)
I will have to weigh in with the midwife on Friday afternoon, so it will be interesting to see if I have gained weight this month (according to her records).
My scales are still there, but I have decided that I'm not going to stress over the numbers at all, as long as I know that I am eating well and giving this growing baby all it needs, then I am happy :)
Makes a change huh?
That's great that you are not craving chocolate etc! I hope you didn't take yesterday's post as telling you to eat low carb, it's just that I know you are trying to eat healthy so thought you'd like some suggestions :) I really do try to not tell others what to do or eat (other than on my blog) and broke my rule yesterday!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your cold (and coldsore) get better soon.
Put some eaucalyptus or Vicks baby balm on a tissue and sniff that to help clear your nose. I am using the baby balm on my chest & nose at night to clear my sinus!!!! I even just sniff it out of the jar LOL
ReplyDeleteGet some Manuka honey (more expensive) but better for colds etc. Add some plus lemon & rind and a slice of ginger or even some crushed ginger out of jar and some crushed garlic & hot water for your lemon drinks. :)
That's Mummy's advice LOL :)
Love you....get better fast xoxoxo