Righto.... I'm gonna start with some pictures...
You will all probably get sick of looking at photos soon!
We went for our first walk yesterday... it must have been hard work for Jaynie, cos when we got home, all she could do was stretch!!

Rhian just adores Jaynie, and loves feeding her, burping her, holding her, kissing her..... you can just see the pride in her eyes all the time - she is a FANTASTIC big sister!!!


Some of you may have seen this already on Facebook, but I just LOVE this photo so much!!!
In the bath with Daddy... she totally just relaxes out when she is in the water... so cool to see :)


OK - so now on to other stuff!!
Mum & Dad came down to stay yesterday, so they are here for a few days and it is great to have them here...
Just takes a bit of stress away, knowing that there is someone here who can help out a bit!!
Jeremy has had to go to Christchurch today to sort out some things with a crew of contractors the company he works for sent down to help with the clean up of Christchurch after the earthquake.
He will be back tomorrow night, but there is no way that I would have been happy staying at home by myself with Jaynie if mum & dad weren't here.
I mean, I feel safe enough and all that, but it's just a bit overwhelming at times to have a new baby, even with the help I have, so having no one around for 24 hours would be a bit much - Yep - I AM a sooky lala! hehehe.....
I have set myself a goal.
It's a big goal, but I am sure that I can do it!!!

I WILL be back at my pre-pregnancy weight (86kgs) by the time I go back to work on 4th July.
I weighed in last Monday at 98.6kgs, and then this Monday I was 95.5kgs so that is a loss of 3.1kgs in one week.
Of course a lot of that will be fluid, cos I was retaining a bit before I had Jaynie.
I weighed in at 104.9kgs on the morning that I had Jaynie, so my total pregnancy gain was 18.9kgs.
And my total post-pregnancy loss so far is 9.4kgs - wouldn't it be fantastic if you could lose that much WITHOUT having a baby?? Hehehehe....
Anyway, my total pregnancy gain is nearly double what I "wanted" to put on (10kgs), but nothing like the 37kgs I gained while carrying Rhian, so I have to be happy with that.
And of course, there is nothing I can do about it now, so the aim is to lose it all again!!
My lowest weight ever is 83.8kgs, so once I get back to 86kgs, I will then aim to get to my surgeons goal of 81kg, then I might even go out on a limb and aim to get to 79kg which is my own personal goal.
Big targets, but I am confident that I will get there!
I HAVE to get there dammit!
There is a wardrobe full of clothes just hanging there that I SOOOOO want to fit in to again!
There is a wardrobe full of clothes just hanging there that I SOOOOO want to fit in to again!
My size 14 jeans have been pushed to the back of the drawer, and I had to go buy a cheap pair of 16's!!
ARGH!!!
I vowed and declared that I would never go back there, yet here I am....
But.... in saying that - I have just had a baby, so it was to be expec
ted!
Just have to focus on getting it off again now ;)
Check out that left over Baby Belly!!
Anyway...... I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone out there for your emails and comments and well wishes for Jaynie and our wee family - it is totally appreciated and I always find myself totally humbled by the support and encouragement that comes from you all.
THANK YOU!!!!!




Jo that weight will fall of over the next few weeks without even having to try too hard.
ReplyDeleteJaynie and Rhian are both simply gorgeous. Lovely photos:-)
Beautiful photos of both Jaynie & Rhian.. and yes you can definitely see the pride in Rhian's eyes... (tell her she is a fantastic big sister)
ReplyDeleteAnd you Jo.. you are stunning.. and I know you will make your goals... but my god girl... look at what you achieved this pregnancy.. so different to the last...you rock !!!! :)
Ma & Pa are so proud of you all. Jaynie is doing so well for a new babe and you are so much more relaxed this time around. Experience does count in having 2nd or more babies :) In saying that though, even Jeremy for a first time Dad is really coping with all the newness so well. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is our pleasure to be able to do a little to help while we are here :)
xoxoxoxoxo
Those photos are so adorable.. I certainly won't get tired of seeing them...hopefully no one gets sick of photos of our wee baby granddaughter either!
ReplyDeleteJaynie looks just like our Emily in her carseat...soooo small!
Oh she does look so tiny in that car seat!! And your baby belly will go. My daughter's midwife said "nine months to get it and nine months to lose it". She was right.
ReplyDeleteJo...Jaynie is so teeny tiny :O) Love all the photos of your beautiful girls. I cant believe how bloody good you look after having a baby :O)
ReplyDeleteI have no doubts that you will meet your weightloss numbers.
I bet 6 odd years ago you never thought you would be in such a wonderful place right now :O) Enjoy!
I love seeing the photos of your gorgeous girls. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeletePlease don't be so hard on yourself about your weight. I think you look fantastic. I love Lynda's comment about 9 months to get it and 9 months to lose it. So true. Pity I never lost mine - LOL!!
She is a beautiful baby, we will never get sick of photos.
ReplyDeleteThat one of Rhian & Jaynie is one of the most fantastic ones I have seen.
Make sure you look after yourself & don't put too much pressure on yourself, just enjoy the time off you have to spend with your wee girl.
Your photo's are gorgeous (especially the one with you smiling......beautiful) and we won't get sick of seeing them. The girls look really happy and Rhian looks like the very proud big sister.
ReplyDeleteOver 9kgs lost since having Jaynie.....wow, you go girlfriend!