Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday 20th march 2011

Seems I forgot how much sleep you get with a newborn! Or should that read how much sleep you DON'T get!
2 hours in 44 isn't really enough and I'm really feeling it now.
Although I am still totally smitten with this adorable wee girl, I could really do with a nap!
Apparently it is completely "normal" for her to want to comfort suck for hours on end on day 2, I wasn't prepared for it, and am now wishing that I had turned my phone off yesterday afternoon and put up the DO NOT DISTURB sign when I had the chance! Ah well, home tomorrow (which in reality) is only a few hours away and hopefully she will continue to follow the "normal" newborn pattern and will sleep for a few hours solid on day 3!
I just can't wait to get home now and try to get in to some kind of routine . . Bring it on :)

Sent from my Nokia phone

7 comments:

  1. I remember those days (vaguely!). I felt like I had a baby attached to my chest 22 hours a day :-)

    Remember the new mum rules..... sleep when your baby does. Ignore everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness, I get back from a weekend in Auckland to find your wee one has arrived in the world. Wow, what a surprise (to me anyway) to have her turn up a little early. Guess they say the best made plans can go out the window so bummer you don't get your week of winding down etc, but I bet so worth the change of schedule.
    Hope you are well and manage to get some sleep (espcially in the initial week or two).

    Gosh sooo exciting. Congratulations to you both and welcome to the world Jaynie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful Jo. Adam was exactly the same size so I can imagine how tiny she actually is. Hope your getting some sleep today mate.
    Thinking of you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.... ain't mothering a newborn so much fun! I hope you get settled in at home with no problems and you and the bub get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jo on Jaynie's safe arrival. Be kind to yourself and enjoy this special time.

    She is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, she is gorgeous!! I love your pregnancy ticker, it says you still have 6 days to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your getting plenty of sleep....:O)
    Enjoy this special bonding time with bubs, for as you know they grow all to quick.

    ReplyDelete