Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday 9th March 2011

I've been having a play around with my phone, and testing it out to see if I can send pictures (and blog updates) through on it without having to log in to Blogger etc.
Turns out - I CAN!
YAY!
That means that once Baby Bob is born, I wont have to rely on anyone else updating here, I can just do it myself! Hehehe....
I'll also chuck it on Facebook too - the joys of modern technology huh??

Anyway - the picture below is actually breakfast from a month or so ago - we tried out a new cafe around in Days Bay, and I ordered the French Toast.
It was lovely, but oh so sweet and more like a desert than a breakfast!
It had stewed apples and whipped cream, and I ate about a third of it!

Oh........ and I keep on forgetting..........
The lovely Kate can take the credit for my new look blog!
I LOVE it - in all it's pink glory!!!
It is based around the same theme that my Baby Shower Invitations were, cos she designed them as well!
Very Super Talented, and such a sweetheart to boot!
Did I Mention that I LOVE IT!?!?!?!

Spoke with my midwife last night, and she, in turn will speak to the specialist at the hospital today, to establish if I need to go for yet another growth scan on Bob.
I think I already mentioned that at my last scan (at 36 weeks and 5 days) Bob was weighing 2700grams.
We established that at the scan previous to that (at 31 weeks & 3 days) she was 1700grams, which means that she has been gaining approx 200grams per week, which apparently is quite low.
Anyway...... there will be one of two outcomes......
If she continues to grow at this pace or even slows down, then I will more than likely be induced on my due date (if I get that far).
If she grows at a better rate, then they will just leave me and let nature take it's course.
I'm not overly concerned either way - as long as she is healthy and safe I'm happy :)
And to be honest, I'm quite liking the idea of a smaller baby - might mean for an easier labour me thinks! hehehe....

I'm totally over work.
TOTALLY!
I applied for a couple of days off a while back, just so that I could get some rest.
So this Friday and next Monday were going to be my days off, it means that I would only be working 4 days a week for the last 2 weeks.
Not really much to ask is it??
They got turned down yesterday.
Yep - YESTERDAY!!
I was so pissed off with everyone!
I know I shouldn't have been, but I really packed a shit and let everyone know I wasn't happy.
I feel that no one gives a shit that I am sore and tired and 18 days away (potentially) from giving birth.
It seems that as long as I come in and get my work done, and make life easier for everyone around me - then everyone is happy!
Not to mention that I also have to type up instructions for the most basic of tasks that both my co-workers SHOULD know how to do, just to "be on the safe side".
ARGH!!!!
It's so tempting to call in sick in the mornings, but of course I am far too conscientious, and I do take a hell of a lot of pride in my work ethic, so calling in sick for the hell of it goes against everything I stand for.
Besides, I have Rhian this week, so even if I did call in sick, I would still have to get up and get her organised for school, then drive her over the hill and drop her off.
Then turn around and pick her up again in the afternoon.....
Hardly worth it.

Anyway - i will just continue to come to work, knowing that I am finishing next Friday (the 18th) and that I don't have to come back for 15 glorious weeks!
BLISS!!!

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya with the over work thing - different reasons of course!! I am on part time hours now Paige is at school and am trying to squeeze in my normal day into those hours, PLUS write down everything I do for the new person... roll on 25th!!! Well... I will miss them terribly - they've been my life for 10.5 years! Between a rock and a hard place!

    Best of luck!

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    Don't know if I have ever commented on your blog before. Just wanted to say I hear you re the annual leave. I have a friend returning to work post-baby who is having issues over adjusting her hours to a small extent and having the odd day off so she can manage better. It sucks, and it is really hard when you are so loyal and conscientious like you say.

    Good luck for the last couple of weeks and take care of yourself!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks big time that you can't get the time off... they must be right pricks where you work! for god's sake, you are pregnant and about ready to burst...

    Awesome you can blog from ya phone... it means we will see 'Bob' really quick eh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing baby Bob! Love the room. Time seems to have gone quickly although I'm sure you will disagree with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get a sick note from the doctor/midwife saying that you need a couple of rest days or you will have to finish work for good NOW! Sometimes people really don't see the bigger picture, do they? Big hugs, xxx

    ReplyDelete