37 weeks yesterday, and feeling every one of those weeks too I can assure you!


Turns out that sciatica, pelvic pain, back ache, extreme fatigue and general hormonalness (is that a word?) wasn't enough........ I am now also suffering from pregnancy induced Carpal bloody Tunnel syndrome as well!!
Yesterday I couldn't grasp on to a coffee cup properly, and ended up dropping it in the sink, then this morning I could barely pick up my handbag!
OK, ok, so I know it weighs a bloody tonne, but that is beside the point!
Typing is a challenge, as I have pins and needles up both arms, and they are really really achey for want of a better word!
I have an appointment with my midwife tonight, so I will talk to her about it, but Man O Man.... do I not deserve a break?!?
I guess I should just be grateful that I don't have the heartburn that plagued me when pregnant with Rhian :)
Speaking of Rhian - she is back with me this week, and I have missed her like crazy while she has been at her Dad's place.
Some weeks I enjoy the time out, but I guess with the impending arrival of Bob, I just really want to have Rhian all to myself for the last wee while....
Cos when Bob is born, things will change, and although I am trying to re-iterate to Rhian how she will always be my number 1 baby etc, it also kinda makes me a teeny bit sad that she wont be my "only" anymore - if that even makes any sense at all??
Anyway - let's just say that I can't wait to pick her up from school this afternoon!!
Her school has a mini gala on tomorrow to raise money for the Christchurch Earthquake fund, so I spent hours yesterday baking up a storm...
2 x banana cakes, marshmallow treats, mint truffles, chocolate truffles, banana biscuits and Russian Fudge!
Took me most of the afternoon and I could barely stand up towards the end, but I got it all done and even cooked a roast pork for dinner as well!
I slept well though - so that was a great result! hehehe...
ChrisH made me a Baby Bag last week, and I LOVE IT!!!
Here is a link to check it out, cos I forgot to take a photo of it myself:
BABY BAG PHOTO
I picked out the external fabric, but she picked everything else and I think she has done an AMAZING job!
The baby bag is better than I ever imagine it could be and the detail is just fantastic!
PLUS..... she also made me a matching changing mat, AND she was totally thoughtful, and made Rhian a matching bag as well!
She is gonna LOVE it, and will just think that she is the bees knees with a bag that matches her mums!
And I will be the first in line to recommend ChrisH as a bag maker for anyone - she ROCKS!!!!
While I am talking baby stuff..... here are some pictures of Bob's new room:
It's not overly girlie in colour with it being green, but I have tried to "pink it up" with wall decals etc.
I am also getting her name printed on canvas blocks, and that will go above the big main window in between 2 sets of pink heart decals that are already up there.
The baby bag is better than I ever imagine it could be and the detail is just fantastic!
PLUS..... she also made me a matching changing mat, AND she was totally thoughtful, and made Rhian a matching bag as well!
She is gonna LOVE it, and will just think that she is the bees knees with a bag that matches her mums!
And I will be the first in line to recommend ChrisH as a bag maker for anyone - she ROCKS!!!!
While I am talking baby stuff..... here are some pictures of Bob's new room:
It's not overly girlie in colour with it being green, but I have tried to "pink it up" with wall decals etc.
I am also getting her name printed on canvas blocks, and that will go above the big main window in between 2 sets of pink heart decals that are already up there.




I had another scan last week, and Bob is measuring smaller than average, with her just coming in at around 2.6kgs (approx 5 pound 7 ounces) at 37 weeks.
Everything else looks fine though, so it is just her size at this stage that is causing slight concern.
Again - i will see what the midwife says tonight...
Ideally I would like her to be around the 8 pound mark when she is born, but of course we can't dictate sizes or times, so I will just have to take it as it comes!
Righto - time to go find something for lunch.... Might have to have tuna again me thinks - high in protein, low in fat - Gotta love that!!!
Lucky I LOVE tuna huh???
OH 'Bob's' room looks FANTASTIC!!! Pink and that shade of green work so well.
ReplyDeleteYou are small for 37 weeks, but as long as the baby is healthy being small is not a biggie.
Thanks for saying such nice things about the bag/change mat etc I made for you... *smiles*
The room looks lovely Jo and I love the "guess how much I love you" quote!!
ReplyDeleteOne of my faves :)
Is bob's size anything to do with you not being able to eat enough food yourself? Even if she can get to 3kg by birth, that's pretty good and you can fatten her up once she's out ;)
Kate
ps... your blog is looking great ;)
You look great Jo. Sorry to hear about the latest problem but hopefully it will all be good when bubs is born. Let's hope she can fatten up a bit in the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteThe nursery looks fantastic. I love the colours together. Well done on all your hard work.
You are the most gorgeous pregnant women I've ever seen......really! You are 'glowing' as they say.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about all the niggles etc you are having - oh the joys of pregnancy.
I LOVE baby bobs room and especially the little sayings you have on the wall, beautiful.
I jump on here every morning now to check in and make sure I haven't missed the 'big event'. Is anyone going to update us when you go in or will we have to weight until you get out of hospital????
You look stunning Jo and Baby Bob's room looks beautiful. Gee life is treating you well... ENJOY :O)
ReplyDeleteyou look so beautiful & happy Jo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Love Love baby bob's room :0)