You can see the pride in her eyes.... it makes my heart melt :)


I have had great intentions of getting back online and updating with my birth story etc, but the days / hours / minutes are just running in to each other in a blur of feeding, sleeping, changing, sore boobs, tears & copious amounts of love!!


I have had great intentions of getting back online and updating with my birth story etc, but the days / hours / minutes are just running in to each other in a blur of feeding, sleeping, changing, sore boobs, tears & copious amounts of love!!
I can't believe I have this much ADDITIONAL love for our wee girl.... it's an incredible feeling that is for sure!
The one feeling that I am HATING at the moment, is the excrutiating pain I am having from breastfeeding!
Everything I have read or seen, says that "it shouldn't hurt" but bloody hell - it hurts like buggery!
I'm almost at the point of giving up - I'm not sure how much longer I can take it to be honest.... and that makes me sad.
Anyway - it's 4.50pm and I am still ion my PJ's, so I'm gonna grab a shower while she is sleeping, and try to make myself more human-like :)
OMG...love the photos :O) Rhian looks so happy with her little sister. Take good care of yourself and thank you for sharing the beautiful photos of your daughters :O)
ReplyDeletebeautiful photo! do they have a lactation nurse at the hospital who can help with the breast feeding????? - call them Jo!!!! My mum does this - if she was in NZ I'd send her over pronto. Good luck with it though.
ReplyDeleteHi honey... with Anastasia my midwife was great and she said to me that it can take weeks before it doesn't hurt anymore but that it WILL stop hurting at some stage... she was right but it was probably the hardest thing I've ever done to keep going until it didn't hurt so much! It was worth it in the end for us but you need to do what works for you! Talk to you soon, xxx
ReplyDeleteThe photo of Rhian and her little sister is a very special one:-)
ReplyDeleteWe are just so excited to be coming home to you all. Love you to the moon and back always :) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteJust so ya know... I suffered agony for about 5-6 weeks with ALL of my babies when it came to breast feeding! It got easier after a while and stopped hurting at all after a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteIt is NORMAL to have sore nipples.... some of us have super sensitive ones though... If it affects you too much... give it up! It is not worth being in agony over....
I was in so much pain with my 3rd baby I got readmitted to hospital... but my nipples were ruined and I had to put her on the bottle. I was so relieved! I was starting to shake and cry the moment the baby woke up ... just dreading having to feed her!
Get your midwife to check out how baby is latching on... maybe she is not latching on properly and that is causing more pain than normal... do that before making any decisions.
Rhian looks so darn cute holding her baby sister.
I had problems breastfeeding no. 2. Husband was away & I was at home by myself and it got to the stage where I was sore & tired & spent 3 hours trying to feed, turned out I had an infection. Ended up bottle feeding & both Mum & baby happy. Do what is best for you & baby, you are a fantastic Mum& Jaynie is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteOne thing that my daughter Jo did (at the recommendation of the lactation nurse) was to use nipple shields - they are silicon shields you put over your nipple and the baby sucks on them instead of your breast. Might be worth a go in the meantime. She also suffered from really painful nipples and breasts and expressed for as long as she could before finally gave up. They never did figure out what was wrong with her but I do hope you come right.
ReplyDeleteYes, I remember the nipple shields - they are worth their weight in gold. If you can cope a bit longer, do. Once supply and demand settles down and the soreness eases it is the most wonderful, easy thing in the world. (It also makes night feeding and feeding on the run awesomely simple :-))
ReplyDeleteI remember kneeling in a cool bath and dropping my humungous engorged boobs in the water for some relief!!!
But, as the others say, have some time with a lactation consultant - they really do help.
The girls look beautiful together. Hows Jeremy coping with being a Dad?
Janie is truly gorgeous and the photo of her with her equally gorgeous big sister is beautiful! Everyone of us can give you advice re breastfeeding, and well meaning people can state the obvious that breast is best, but IT IS WHAT WORKS FOR YOU AND JANIE...and honestly no new mum should have to put up with pain, this is about what is best for you both, and whatever YOU decide you are mum and when it is all said and done as long as Janie is happy healthy, and fed, and Mum is equally happy healthy fed (despite tired) that is what is important! I have loved your blog for so long now, and for me this has come 360 degrees as I remember well your blog for Rhian! You have my very best wishes and continued cyber support...I so would love to meet you all sometime in the future...big hugs xx :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lynda at the advise of a midwife I used nipple shields and it helped so much. I was able to continue breastfeeding. Prior to that my nipples were bleeding.
ReplyDeleteKym
Yep you can see the pride in being a big sister in Rhian's eyes..........precious.
ReplyDeleteNow you have 2 beautiful girls......how wonderful.