Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday 1st March 2011

March already? Where is the year going to?
Seemed like last year totally dragged by at a snails pace, and now 2011 seems to be speeding by and I just need a chance to catch my breath!
Nope - I can't win :)

My weekend was busy, we spent it getting the nursery completely finished, and also working on the front window that was removed last weekend and replaced with a new one.
It needed to be plastered and gibbed around, so Jeremy sorted that all out.

I went shopping!
That is one of the things that I can do really REALLY well! Hehehe....
Actually - I just reminded myself that I need to take a photo of Bob's room now that I have finished it all.....
Must do that tonight :)

I've been getting a LOT of tightenings and Braxton Hicks contractions over the weekend, and although I know that it is just par fro the course so to speak, it also takes me by surprise when a strong one comes along and takes my breath away.
Yesterday morning I was at work when I had a really strong one that I couldn't even talk through!
I think I freaked out a few people in my office that is for sure!!
The embarrassing thing is, is that after a few minutes I am fine again, and carry on as if nothing has happened!
Ah well - 13 working days left to go - YAY!!!

Midwife appointment last night went well, my blood pressure is good, and Bob's heartbeat is sitting at 140 beats per minute which is apparently perfect :)
She is right down in my pelvis, and the midwife was actually surprised at just how far down she is, and made the comment that she wouldn't be surprised at all if I went early!
When I told her that I am working until the 18th March, she raised her eyebrows and smiled and said "Well, we'll just see about that"
Hehehe....
I'm not too worried about it at all to be honest..... if Bob decides to come early, then so be it.
If she decides to come on or around her due date - Great!
If she is anything like her sister and makes me wait for 2 extra weeks then has to be induced - well..... I'll be grumpy, but hey - whaddaya do?
I'd love to meet her right now, but I'm also happy to wait a wee bit longer if I need to.
And of course if Midwives could predict exactly when a baby was going to be born, then they would be very VERY rich people :)
I'm not reading too much in to any of it, whatever will be, will be :)

This week has been busy already in regard to work, and looks like the rest of the weekend will also be busy, so I am just taking it day by day and trying not to stress too much about anything.
Easier said than done at times.....

We have all just observed a 2 minute silence for the victims of the Christchurch earthquake, and it was lovely to see so many people showing respect.
It's such a hard time for thousands upon thousands of people down there in Canterbury, and I can't begin to imagine what they have seen and experienced, nor what they have yet to go through, so I wont try to pretend I do.
I do, however, know what it is like to lose a loved one, and my heart breaks for those who have had to go through that in such tragic circumstances.
Kia Kaha Christchurch....... Kia Kaha.

5 comments:

  1. Not long now!
    I hope 'Bob' doesn't hang in there for an extra 2 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do keep us posted - or at least get Jeremy to update if anything goes "fast"... oooh yay!! Can't wait. Best of luck.

    Kate (kittie444)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They observed the 2min soilence on the Ferry as well. Quite emotional for some travelling back home to Chch.
    Hope Bob stays where she is for a bit longer.....maybe 22days!!!!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new look blog is great!

    My "bob" was three weeks late! I don't think they would let that happen now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before you know it Baby Bob will be here and ready to start school, that's how fast time goes by these days :O)
    Love the new look blog very girly :O) Looking forward to seeing the photo of Bob's room and the outside of your house. You guys have put so much effort into doing it up.

    ReplyDelete