And, in the same breath - it is also bloody hard to come on and be all negative and pissed off at things that pale in comparison to what thousands of people are going through in the South Island right now.
My life hasn't changed at all, and believe me, I am eternally grateful for that!!
I watch the news and it feels surreal. I feel do far detached from it all, and almost, dare I say, numb to it all??
Don't get me wrong, my heart absolutely breaks for those people that have lost loved ones, homes, possessions and pets. - many right in front of their eyes.
But..... it doesn't affect me.
My life goes on as "normal"
Actually, it's busier than normal because the major project that I am involved in at work, is the opening of a new Distribution Centre in....... you guessed it............. Christchurch!!!
My work life has been turned upside down as I am having major issues with getting stock in and out of Christchurch.
Thursday was the worst day I have ever had at work, just simply due to the pressure I am under to move stock - and of course I can't do what I need to do.
Anyway..... I was in tears on Thursday afternoon, I was sore, and heavy and sciatica was causing me great pain....
I'm so pleased that I only have 3 weeks of work left.... 4 weeks until baby Bob is due.
And even as I am typing this out right now, I feel like I don't have the "right" to complain about anything!
I'm tired, I'm sore, I'm emotional & I'm over the pregnancy.
BUT.... I have an amazing family and fantastic friends, and I have my house and my health and another beautiful life on the way in to our family.
And I really have no idea of what I am trying to say, or what else to say....
Like you... I have found it hard to blog as 'usual' without feeling guilty about not going on and on about the earthquake.
ReplyDeleteBut... life does go on for us not personally affected...so don't feel guilty.
Everyone knows we do grieve for those lost and who have lost loved ones there.. we just don't need to go on about it eh?
I'm glad your pregnancy is nearly over for you... I so remember those last few weeks....they are the pitts.
My daughter Amanda is so happy to have her baby out I can tell you! lol
She's visiting us tomorrow all going well.... so I can cluck to my heart's content. Can't wait!
Wonder what your new wee girl is going to look like???? Bet you can't wait to see her.
Nor can I!
Parcel will be on it's way in a day or two... didn't get to a post office today! got lost looking for WW's meeting instead. Pfffft.
Yep I know exactly how your feeling (about the earthquake, not the pregnancy)
ReplyDeleteI guess for me that I'm finding that after a loss, I'm feeling so much for for those people affected as I can imagine a little how they are feeling.
ReplyDeleteParcel is in the post Jo... I hope you like it!
ReplyDeleteAmanda did, I think she would have knicked it if she could get away with it!
Hmmm... and I already made her one!