Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday 30th March - 83.8kg

I lost what I gained last week... YAY!

Last week: 83.9kg
This week: 83.8kg
Result: -100grams
Total Result: -56.8kg

Not a big result, but it still makes me happy :)

My weekend was busy but good.....
Friday evening I caught up with mum and dad who finally found their way home from Sydney :)
Rhian was thrilled to see them, and couldn't stop talking about Nana & Grandad all weekend.

Saturday morning was an early start - just because.
Jeremy headed off to the gym at about 8am, and Rhian and I mucked about for a bit, finally getting ready to go out when J got home.
All Rhian has talked about over the past few weeks is a shop in the mall called "Smiggle". They sell stationery.
That's it - just pens and pencils and pads, and rubbers and pencil sharpeners and felts etc etc.
A couple of the girls in her class have Smiggle pencils, so my Princess wanted one too!
It's funny how the smallest things can light up a child's face!
When I told her that we would be going to Smiggle on Saturday, she was so excited!!
Anyway, she was grinning the whole way through the Mall, and when we got there she was astounded at the range of pencils etc!

Too funny!!
I let her get a pencil, a rubber, a pencil sharpener and a multi coloured pen - she was STOKED!!!
After that, we decided to head in to town for some brunch, and I convinced J that I "needed" to go to a shoe shop in town, so we parked up and walked around for a bit.
I found a cool pair of boots, so I was happy :)

My new obsession is with boots!
After not being able to buy any for so long because my legs were always too fat, now that I can fit more, I just go overboard!!! As you will see :)
So..... after shopping we went and had some lunch, then headed home for a bit of a rest.
Sonya came around alter on and her and I chatted over a bottle of wine (or 2) for most of the afternoon, while Rhian and Lizzie played happily.

Sunday morning was another early start, as I had to be up and ready to go to the swimming pool to register Rhian for swimming lessons for next term.
Now when I inquired about it, the lady at the office told me to bring a magazine and a coffee cos it usually took a while.
Well, I didn't really understand what she meant, but when I got there it was all very VERY self explanatory!
Registrations opened at 9am, I got there at 8.45am and the queue was about 100 people long!
By the time Sonya got there (about 5 minutes after me) there was another 20 people in the queue, and within 10 minutes of us getting there, the queue stretched the entire length of the building, then doubled back again and reached the front door.
It was bedlam!
I stood there for an hour and a half waiting for my turn, and when I finally got to the window, there was just ONE space left for Saturday morning lessons at 11.30am!
After I took the last place for Rhian, the only other time available was 8am on a Saturday morning! No thanks!
Unfortunately that is the time that Sonya got stuck with, but there was no way that she was gonna walk out of there without booking her two kids in! hehehe...
Anyway, apparently it is not so bad to re-register for next term as they give preference to students already enrolled, and it is just a matter of phoning up or doing it online!
THANK GOD!!!
Luckily, Jeremy and Pete were there to watch the kids while we were queueing up, so they all got a decent long swim out of it all!
After that, we all headed in to town and went out for Yum Cha for lunch - bloody beautiful as always!
Then, Sonya and I decided to head over to DressMart in Tawa (Outlet Store) to see if we could get any bargains....
I managed to find a cute as white deep V-neck jumper, a pair of jeans, and another pair of boots!!!
I just couldn't resist! They are a darker red than the picture shows, and they are suede..... just GORGEOUS!!!!!

Home after that and I had the two girls, so they played while I went and got groceries, then it was time for dinner and bed!

All in all it was a busy but great weekend!

Monday was mental busy at work, and then last night was a bit of a nightmare!
It started off well..... Jeremy decided that we were going to go and walk what is known locally as the "Water Tower Track".
No big deal......
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!
It is a track that leads up to the local water tower (funny that) and it is pretty bloody steep!
I got half way up and thought that my lungs were trying to claw their way out of my chest through my throat!
Seriously......... how bloody unfit am I????
TERRIBLE!
I only managed to make it up and back down again ONCE, and there was NO WAY that I was even going to contemplate heading up again!!!
There was one dude we passed who was drenched in sweat..... he was on his FIFTH time!!!
Farken heck!!!!
Apparently we are going up again tonight - *rolls eyes*

WISH ME LUCK!!!

Anyway, Thomas hadn't turned up after work, which was really odd of him, so after dinner we went walking the streets to see if we could find any sign of him.
Up and down the streets we went, and also up and down the stream that runs along the back of our house.... but there was no sign of him at all.
Well...... no sign of him, except a pile of white and black fur outside the neighbours driveway!!!
I was freaking out, imagining all the worst things in the world.....
Had he been attacked by a dog?
Had he been hit by a car?
Had he just been taken?
He didn't turn up all night, and of course I was a blubbering mess by the time we went to bed....
I lay awake for hours listening for the cat door, which never opened.
Charlie must have loved it though, cos for the first time, he got to sleep on the bed with us, instead of getting shut out of the bedroom!
Anyway, I got up to go to the loo at about 4am, and there was still no sign of him.....
Then I heard the cat door....
Charlie was still on the bed so I knew it either had to be Thomas or the next door neighbours cat.
I just lay there and listened to it open so very very slowly... and then Thomas walked in to the bedroom very very carefully.
I turned on the light and picked him up and he seemed to be fine, so after a lot of cuddles, we all settled back down to go back to sleep.
But.... this morning, he hardly moved. He couldn't jump up on the bed and was moving around very very cautiously.
So, I will see what he is like this afternoon when I get home, and I would say that a trip to the Vet will be in order.

Two more days of work for me then I have 6 glorious days off in a row! YEEHA!!!
I have taken Tuesday and Wednesday of next week off so that I can have some time with Rhian during the school holidays.

Should be good :)

Righto - I better run..... lots to do before I escape the madhouse for the day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the boots.
    I hate steps.
    Poor cat, hope he's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tower story made me laugh! Farken heck : p

    And i would b boot made if i could too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ you being obsessed with boots - it's an exciting achievement to be able to wear them.

    Glad Thomas came home, hope he is ok! And as to the fitness, just keep that second trip in mind for a challenge for yourself in a month's time when your fitness has increased.

    Hope you enjoy your days off with Rhian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teddy is a Bichon/Shih Tzu cross. He looks more Shih Tzu than Bichon though.

    ReplyDelete