Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday 6th April

It's been a busy few days... and I don't have a lot of time, so I am just gonna speed through a quick update...

Thursday:
Wore my new jeans, red boots and gorgeous white jumper to work and got a load of compliments - so it must have looked good *grin*
Finished work a little bit early and headed off to a local bar for leaving drinks for a friend.
Ended up back at her place, then out on the town, but because everything closed at midnight, it wasn't a late night.

Friday:
Woke up with NO hangover - YAY!
Cleaned the house, made a crap batch of muffins that ended up getting thrown out.
Then made my famous Chocolate Brownie to take to Sonya's for her birthday drinks.
Headed around there at 2.30pm, and proceeded to drain about 3 bottles of wine between then and 8.30pm when Jeremy (who had previously bailed on me and buggered off home) had to come pick me up and take me home!
I was pretty pissed, and talking bullshit by all accounts :)

Saturday:
Woke up with NO hangover!!!
Went to the markets and Mad Butcher while Jeremy went to the gym, then we did the grocery shopping.
Went home, had fresh salad and ham sandwiches for lunch, then headed back to Sonya's as their Aunty and Nana were visiting for her birthday (they hadn't gone to the party).
Had a couple of wines, then went home and headed off to the Hutt to meet another friend for dinner.
Some more friends turned up, and I had far far too much to drink, so poured myself in to a taxi and came home.
Jeremy followed a couple of hours later with our friends, but I was in bed and in no mood to socialise, so they didn't stay long, and I slept through most of it anyway :)

Sunday:
Woke up with NO hangover!!!! YAY!!!!
Didn't do much of anything all day though, cos Jeremy was feeling pretty shite ;)
Chris dropped Rhian off in the afternoon, and then Sonya and Pete and the kids turned up for a roast pork dinner, and apple and pear crumble for desert :)
They were gone by 8.30pm, so it wasn't a late night at all.

Monday:
Rhian was up and raring to go at 6am, so it was an early start that I wasn't that happy about *wink*
Spent most of the day just chilling out.
We made pizza for lunch, then Rhian and I made a date loaf in the afternoon, and pretty much just had a low key day at home.

Tuesday:
Annual leave for me today, and once again it was an early morning....
Rhian was up at 6am, and I convinced her to go back to bed until 7am.
But that was it, and there was no sleeping after that.
I picked up Sonya's kids (she is full of the flu and feeling like shite) and we all headed off to H2O swimming pool in Upper Hutt....
The "kids" had a blast, while I chilled out with a coffee on the side lines..... I just couldn't be bothered going swimming with the 100's of other kids splashing and screeching around.
The pool was absolutely packed, as they had a holiday program running there as well - MENTAL!!
Jeremy and Ethan spent most of their time on the water slides, while Rhian and Lizzie just hung out in the wave pool.
Then...... about 2 hours after we got there, just as the kids were making noises about leaving..... the unthinkable happened!
The pool got emptied cos some little arsehole did a bloody great big POO in it!!!
Dirty rotten mongrel!!!!
Luckily we were ready to go home anyway!
There was no way the kids wanted to go back in the water after that, so it was good timing in a way :)
The kids just played all afternoon, and Jeremy dropped Liz and Ethan off at about 5pm back to their mum.
We made the most AMAZING Chicken Pad Thai for dinner, cooked from scratch and I have to say that it was one of the BEST Pad Thai's I have ever had!
We will certainly be having that again, and soon I would imagine!

Tomorrow:
I'm heading off to Foxton to drop Rhian off at mum's where she will stay until Saturday.
Then I will probably come home, do the ironing, and get ready for a couple of days at work!

No rest for the wicked I tell ya!!!

Hope you all had a great Easter!
I have eaten too much chocolate and drunk FAR too much wine, but hey...... I'm the happiest I've ever been and the smile hardly ever comes off my face these days.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a busy wee girl you have been. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and having Rhian to stay. Hope she sleeps in at Nanas LOL
    Luv to all :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are so happy!! You have every reason to be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl! U r like a different person to the Jo i started to read 7 or so years ago and it makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound on top of the world:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your usual busy self I see. You would go crazy with nothing to do....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome... all those 'no hangovers' ! lol

    ReplyDelete