Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday 15th March - 83.8kg


Another loss for me - YAY!

Last week:  84.5 kg
This week:  83.8 kg
Result:  -700 grams
Total Result:  -56.8 kg    GONE FOR GOOD BABY!

I can't believe I am 2.8kg from goal!
It's so close I can nearly touch it - WOOHOO!!!!!

My weekend was just bloody awesome!
It started on Friday night with a friends son's birthday party - what a scream!
Most fun I have had in a long time!
We laughed and danced and generally played the fool - it was fantastic!!!

Saturday, Jeremy had to entertain clients at the cricket game at the stadium, so I took Rhian and Lizzie to the swimming pool on Saturday morning, then Sonya had Rhian while I shot off to a Tupperware party and only spent a teeny tiny amount!!  hehe...
After going through the catalogue over and over again, I realised that I pretty much have everything in there, and the things that I don't have, are things that I don't want or like!
I have spent a fortune on Tupperware over the years - I LOVE IT!!!

After the Tupperware party, I called in to collect Rhian, and ended up staying for a few wines, then took both girls home with me, as Sonya had a house full of boys, and the girls were getting all shitty with them!  too cute!
Took them home, fed them, and they were both in bed by 8.30pm!
WONDERFUL STUFF :)
I fell asleep watching American Idol (what a Nana) and before I knew it, it was 11pm and Jeremy was home - pretty sober for an all day session!

Sunday morning I decided to hit the second hand shops, and get some groceries, so Jeremy OFFERED to have the girls so I could do it in peace!
I nearly fainted when he offered, and of course I accepted, and high tailed it out of there damn fast before he could change his mind!!
Rebound Clothing is my favourite second hand shop at the moment..... it has all the stuff sorted in to sizes and categories.  So, unlike SaveMart, you don't have to go hunting through racks and racks of WHITE tops just to find something that might be your size!
I just head straight to the size 12 section in the ladies tops and away I go!

This week I scored the ultimate bargain!  A gorgeous asymmetrical style shirt with domes and straps and an uneven hem, with the price tags still attached.
It had sold in Kirkcaldie & Stains (posh department store here in Wellington) for $190.
What did I pay for it?  The tag said $12.90, but I had a discount card (from going there so blimmen often) so I got it for.............. $9!
Yep - NINE BUCKS!!!!
STOKED!
I also got a few other tops of work, cos I realised that my entire wardrobe is full of Summer stuff, and I own ONE warm top that I can wear when it starts to get cold!
And, after being told that my pants are looking ridiculous, I culled another 3 pairs from my wardrobe, so now I am left with just 2 pairs of black pants, and that is it!
There is a pair of grey pants that I have that is part of a suit, but they are still a little tight around my thighs..... hopefully by the time it is really cold, I will be able to wear them too :)
Anyway, I scored 5 tops and a pair of jeans for me, and two pair of pants and a skirt for Rhian, all for the total price of $31.30!  
That is thanks to the discount voucher I had on my loyalty card!
GO ME!!!

Now....... I would take some photos of my glorious purchases, but as you know my laptop has been playing up lately......
I thought I FINALLY had it working, I could access everything I needed to, and it was even going at a decent speed!
My crops in Farmville were being harvested, my kitchen in Cafe World was looking spic and span, my blogs were all up to date as being read, and even my emails were cleared.........
Of course it HAD to all turn to custard right!

Let's just say that a Laptop, a nice fresh hot cup of coffee and two cats playing chasing games through the house was NEVER going to end happily!!!
I logged on to FaceBook yesterday afternoon to waste some time while the kids were playing.....
Made a coffee, then remembered I had washing to hang out.
Ah well, it would only take a minute.... Facebook and my coffee would still be there in a minute or so.  Besides, I don't like my coffee too hot anyways :)
So, out I go to the washing line, hang the washing out, then Rhian wants a hand on her bike, so I was pushing her around the yard on that, trying to convince her that I could let her go and she WOULDN'T fall off...... one of the cats came screeching outside, looking a little wet, I didn't really think anything of it :)
Rhian and I played for a bit more, then I thought that I should really get the rubbish out of my car, which then led to tidying some of the garage.
Then about half an hour later, I finally went back in side......... only to find my laptop, DEAD, sitting in a pool of cold coffee
OH SHIT!!!!!

Well, I actually said more than "Oh Shit" that is for damn sure!
The expletives were flying, and I even cried!
I haven't even finished paying for the damn thing!!!!!
LUCKILY, when I rang my insurance company this morning, they said that it IS covered, and to bring it in and fill out the forms etc....
So......... I am laptop-less for God only knows how long!
Jeremy ain't too good at sharing his toys, but I will try to make him!

Otherwise my crops will wither, and my cafe will go bankrupt, and in the imaginary world of Facebook games, I CAN NOT LET THAT HAPPEN!!!  
I'm thinking that it is the Universe's way of telling me that I spend far too much time on the computer, and not enough time enjoying the sunshine.....

Anyway......... I'm just loving life so much at the moment..... my friends are always commenting how I smile so much more these days, and I love that!
I never thought that I would really change that much with losing so much weight, but ya know what - I have!
Life isn't such a struggle anymore..... I'm not miserable anymore.
It's great!

Oh and I will leave you with a funny / gross thing that Rhian said to me.

I was getting changed the other day, and put on a G-string.....
She laughed at me and said "Mummy, you have got your knickers on the wrong way!!"
So I told her that these were different knickers and they were supposed to be like this....
To which she replied......"Well maybe you need to get a bigger size then!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...........

Yep - she is DEFINITELY her Mother's daughter there!!!

CUTE!

4 comments:

  1. Wow only 2.8 kilos to go, that is bloody fantastic!!! You must be more than just alittle excited....congrats to you!! As for this Rebound Clothing...are they on the internet...lol Look forward to seeing more pics when your computer is up and running...and good riddance to 56.8 kilos!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo...you are going great. Well done. Big Hugs & Love from us all here :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I keep meaning to stop at Rebound to have a look so after hearing your high recommendations, I think we will head there this weekend to take a look - both for me and for Rachel (and oh maybe Stephan too)!
    Oh no to the laptop accident! Hope the kitten was ok and not burnt to bad! :) Yay for insurance coming to the party!
    Yay for another great loss too! You certainly are looking fanfriggintastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fantastic loss chic.

    I love reading about your antics, and Rhian is exactly like her mother (lucky her).

    ReplyDelete