Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday 22nd March - 83.9kg

Oooops - I had a gain this week!
Not really surprised considering the weekend I had :)

Last week: 83.8kg
This week: 83.9kg
Result: GAIN of 100grams
Total result: loss of 56.7kg

I have seriously just had one of the best weekends ever!!!!
It started on Friday night with a couple of wines with some girlfriends, nothing big, I was home by 8pm, but it was just what I needed after a long and busy week at work.
Saturday I went to the "Girls Day Out" Races at Trentham and had such a blast, I can't wait until next year already!
The theme this year was "GO RED for the girls" and that is exactly what we did!
Now usually, a day at the races means getting all dressed up in posh dresses and high heels and hats.....
NOT THIS TIME!
We had T-shirts printed, wore red wigs and earrings and huge red sunglasses - you should have seen the reaction we got when the 5 of us walked in...
Actually, there was 7 of us, but 2 of them didn't want to dress up - spoil sports :(
We walked in as Tamati (the channel 3 weather guy) was about to announce the fashion in the field contestants.... as soon as he saw us, he turned everyone's attention to us and made a big deal.. it was pretty funny!
Then he asked what table we were looking for, and it just so happened that the chick who booked our table, had decided to call it the "Slappas" table.

So of course that got a great reaction from the crowd as Tamati asked where the table was for the Hutt Chick Slappas that just walked in!
Anyway, we had an amazing day of laughing and dancing and talking and drinking and laughing some more....


I even got up on stage and entered a "Frown Off" competition to win Botox!!!
It came down to me and this other older chick (pictured above), and she was just about to laugh, when my bloody cell phone (that I had shoved in my bra) went off - and I cracked up!!


TOO FUNNY!
Anyway, there are a pile of funny photos, and I have just been forwarded some that were taken by the photographer on site..... God i look a mess!
Hahahahahahaha..........
That is when I was up on stage.... LOVING IT!!!



Anyway, after the races, we headed back to a local bar and carried on there for a bit, before calling it a day and getting home at about 11pm.
And considering I had been "partying" since 11am, I don't think I did too badly!

Of course Sunday was a bit of a write off, but I still managed to clean out both mine and Jeremy's cars, and get about a million loads of washing done too!
So all was not lost on a hangover :)

There ya have it............ a FANTASTIC weekend with some FANTASTIC people - gotta love it!!!

I tell ya what though.......... I had a few "moments" over the weekend.
One was Friday night, I had to walk in to the bar to meet my friends by myself.
I was the first one there, and 50 kgs ago, I simply wouldn't have done it!
I would have sat in my car waiting for everyone else to get there first!
Not this time baby!

I walked in, head high, got my drink, and found a table - It was awesome to be able to walk in and NOT be the fattest in the room!
Then, on Saturday, there were so many "moments"!!
Like I said earlier, we all got T-Shirts printed, and the girl who organised it got all the same size.
Now they were all a size 2XL, which 50kgs ago would have made me sigh with relief on hearing that.
BUT....... when we got them, they were very VERY small fitting!
And ya know what?
I was actually the smallest in our group, so it was quite baggy on me, but some of the others it was a little too snug for their liking.
If that was me 50kg ago, I would have had a melt down, and probably just have gone home without actually going to the races at all !
NOT THIS TIME! I put my t-shirt on, took the shit that the others gave me about it being too big, and wore it with pride!!!
Of course then there was the whole "Frown off" competition..... ME - getting up on stage in front of hundreds of people!
And........ to get up on stage, I had to give my hand to Tamati and let him pull me up!!!
Now, I dunno about you, but when I was heavier, I would have had to climb up on my knees, then try to haul myself up without looking like a lumbering hippopotamus..... Not this time BABY!!
I figured that he probably weighed more than me, plus he is a bloke, so had more strength, and besides, if we both fell over, then it would give everyone something to laugh at right?!?!
Well, he grabbed my hand, and pulled me up without so much as a second thought!
AWESOME!!!!

I'm now, I'm even feeling a little less nervous about my adventure weekend coming up soon as well - and it's all thanks to a red t-shirt and a day of laughter :)

6 comments:

  1. So jealous of your collarbones!!! My goodness... actually, it has given me even more motivation! Sticking to the plan... can so relate to the t-shirt story AND the getting up like a hippo!! Thanks very much... sounds like you had a blast!

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i agree with Kate: look at your gorgeous collarbones...(and cheekbones, which of course we see in your profile pic before ) and you are starting to look like a model on that stage.
    What a great weekend. Isn't amazing that an active weekend with moving around a bit when going out, and then extra chores like cleaning out cars the next day means any added calories of partying got burned off. All while having a wonderful time. Plus so nice to have a girls day out indeed. Had tears in my eyes to read your happy post. from Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many non-scale victories on this journey and you're no doubt discovering new ones every week - you deserve to be proud of what you're achieving, well done Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one very beautiful lady. You should be so proud of how far you have come. Finally you are living the life that you deserve. Great work. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds & looks like a great weeked was had by all :)
    See you soon.......only 2 more sleeps :)
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to read this twice! So funny! And cannot believe the difference in you inside and out!

    ReplyDelete