Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday 7th October

Things are hectic at work, I hardly have time to breathe, let alone update my blog :)

Today I started early (7am) as I had to leave early (9am) to go to Foxton to a funeral for my great uncle who passed away on the weekend.
There was no way I wasn't going to the funeral, so work just had to be out to the side for the day.
Although I know that tomorrow I will have to make up for today, and it's gonna be another crazy day.
I love it really, but sometimes I cast a look backwards and reminisce about a time when I had nothing to do but surf the web, and update my blog. It seems like a lifetime ago now :)

Anyway, I digress.....
The funeral, mixed with school holidays, mixed with mum having to go in to hospital for tests, mixed with work being crazy, mixed with life in general, has seen this week turn in to a crazy juggling act, but one that I am pleased to say has ended with no balls being dropped so to speak :)

Back to the weekend.....
It was a fabulous weekend, I pretty much smiled the entire time - except when I broke my favourite sunglasses on Friday afternoon!
But..... in true "Jo" style, I managed to find TWO pairs on sale for the price of one, and I LOVE them both - so crisis averted! YAY!
The races were fantastic - I felt like a bit of a princess to be honest!
I KNEW that I looked good, and it just made the day so much better for me!
I wasn't paranoid about being stared at, I wasn't paranoid about looking revolting. It was just GOOD!!!!
After the races, a group of us went out to a couple of bars, and I didn't even feel out of place there either!
A MAJOR coup for me I can tell ya!

Sunday we headed home again, and picked up Rhian from Chris's parents place on the way through, so I had my girl back too - it was a perfect way to end the weekend!
Once we got home, I caught up on washing, and then we all just relaxed..... BLISS!!

Monday I had annual leave booked, and so did Jeremy, but he ended up having to go to work, so it was just Rhian and me.
We caught a train in to the city, then another one out to Johnsonville, where we found (quite by fluke) that there was a magician performing at the mall there, so we got some lunch, then settled in for the show.
A quick look around the shops afterwards, then back on the trains to come home again.
It was a great day out, and Rhian absolutely loved being out and about and doing something different.

Tuesday morning I headed off to work with Rhian, and then her Aunty Lisa came and collected her from me and took her up to Nana's in Foxton with her and her two gorgeous kidlets.
I went up today for the funeral and a short visit, then headed back home again this afternoon after the service.
I managed to stop off in Otaki on the way back, which was BRILLIANT, because when we go through there I am never "allowed" to stop when Jeremy is driving!
Otaki is a small town that has a heap of "outlet" shops in it, so there are bargains galore to be found...
Which I did today!
I got 2 dresses for Rhian, a dress for me, 2 tops for me and 2 little jumpsuits for the lady at work who is expecting twins. All for $48!!!
I LOVE bargains!!! hehehe.....

Tomorrow will be work as usual, then so will Friday....
Then after work on Friday, Jeremy and I will head up to Foxton to collect Rhian.
We are gonna stay up there Friday night, and on Saturday morning, mum and I will go up to Palmerston North (with rhian) and meet up with Janene & Janine for coffee - YAY!!
We are gonna "let" the boys (Jeremy & Dad) go and play golf while we are off having coffee - sounds like a great trade huh??

Righto - this has taken me about two hours to type out, and is probably completely disjointed, but that is what ya get when you are trying to do about 5 million things at once :)
Bedtime for me now..... I'm getting old :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eventful holiday already! I am so sorry to hear about your great uncle. WIsh I could join you for coffee : P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo.....you are just so great at finding those bargains......I never seem to!!!!! LOL
    See you on Friday :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, am so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic weekend - you looked fabulous! Sorry to hear about your great uncle.
    Kel xxx

    ReplyDelete