Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday 12th October #2

HELP!

I need a recipe THAT WORKS!!!

How the hell do you make scalloped potatoes and NOT have fricken runny juice at the bottom of the baking dish!?!?!?!

I have NEVER been able to make them - I seriously don't think I have ever been succesful at this supposedly easy dish!

I just had another attempt at them for this evenings dinner..... but to be honest - they were shite!!
Jeremy reckons that they tasted OK, but I think he was just being nice :)

So............ come on ladies........

It's time to give up your tried and tested YUMMY recipes for scalloped potatoes that are creamy and delicious?!?!?!?

Post the recipe in the comments section... or EMAIL me please??

Thanks!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I have the same problem to so hope you post a good recipe when you find one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the sachets from the supermarket called cheesy potatoe scallops. they are in the vege and are green and white packets named mc something or other.......I just use lite cream and milk instead of full cream and don't seem to have issues post op.....but might be a bit high in fat content. Hvae never needed to add any cheese though....Otherwise I can't cook them normally - always end up yucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secret is to dry the potatoes so they are not ooozzing starchy watery stuff, Ill email you a recipe if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use a layer of Maggi soup in between layers of potato (onion or french onion works the best), it thickens as it cooks. I only use light milk, never cream (it is tasty but not as rich).

    The ones Janine is referring to are McCormacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also just wondering if the type of potatoes would make a difference. Don't use waxy ones.. use ones like agria which are fluffier. Just a thought because I have the same problem. I have used the cheesy potato sachets though and have had reasonably good results there.

    ReplyDelete