Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday 14th October


"Down Sides" to losing weight.....
If you can call them "down sides" :)

My spine now grates against the back of my office chair at work, and it HURTS!!
I'm seriously thinking of bringing in a cushion or some kind of padding to stop it from being so sore.
Who would have known it could be so bloody painful?!?!

I can't sit down for very long at all without my arse bones hurting!
An hour is my limit.... then I have to get up and move around and have a stretch.
I used to be able to sit down and not move for hours!
Again - I think I am going to start carrying a cushion around with me!!

My poor knees have never been so cut up!!
Now that there is not much fat on my knees - they are obviously much more boney than before.

This causes problems when shaving ones legs!!!
I am constantly taking hunks of skin off my poor knees - will they ever forgive me???


Armpit hollows make it damn near IMPOSSIBLE to shave up under there and get all the hair without using a bloody mirror!
Seriously!!!!
My armpits actually have hollows in them now, they never used to - at all.
There used to be a mound of fat there, and it was BLOODY EASY to shave!!!!!
Now, it's like an Olympic event to be able to get all the hair off in one go! I have to manipulate and stretch and bend in ways I never thought I would have to!!
And, even after all that effort - I am still left with a small patch that refuses to the let the razor near it.
CRAZY!!!!!

Saggy skin...
Now I KNOW this is the first question that I usually get asked about - and YES - I have it!!
You don't lose 50kg (nearly) and NOT have a certain amount of the loose stuff!
Everything seems to be heading south - and I mean EVERYTHING!!!!!

My boobs are getting closer to my belly button, my thighs are looking like Roman blinds, and even the skin on my calves is going a bit too loose for my liking!
I know that with some gym work, I "should" be able to tone the muscle underneath the skin to a certain degree, but I also know (in my heart) that NO amount of gym work is going to give me legs that I would be happy to show off!

I think that I will be resigned to a life in knee length shorts and skirts.
Not that it worries me of course, cos 8 months ago - there is NO WAY IN HELL that I would have even contemplated anything above the ankle!
Hahahaha......

My Stomach makes weird noises for no reason!
Take right now for example...... I just had a drink of water (good girl), and my stomach is gurgling so loud my co-worker heard it!
I was sitting i a meeting a few days ago - hadn't had a drink, wasn't hungry and all of a sudden my tummy started making the most bizarre noises!
I laughed it off, but it was blimmen embarrassing to tell the truth!
Somedays it gets so loud :)

So there ya have it.......... a few things that I never thought I would be complaining about :)

And now for something completely different!!!
I "found" this website - I can't even remember how - I think I got a link emailed to me by someone?

NZSALE

Anyway.... it is a Sale website.... you sign up and get sent an email every day about different sales that are happening on line.
Last week they had a sale for Baby GAP clothes, and my God - the prices were incredible!!!
A t-shirt for $11, a sweatshirt for $15... you get the picture??
Anyway - it is just another way to grab some great bargains on stuff that I would NEVER pay full price for to be honest!
It's not just kids clothes either..... Mens, womens AND kids clothes - YAY!!!!
Just different stuff daily - it is great :)

And........... if you ARE looking for bargains on kids clothes, sign up for the newsletter through Pumpkin Patch.
The ONLINE sales that they have can be AMAZING!!!
There is a link at the top of the page that says "ESALE"
Click on that and it will take you to the items that are on sale only through the internet.
Anyway........ The way it goes is usually something like this:
They will send out an email saying that there are bargains in the ESale.
I ignore that message.
A couple of weeks later, they send out an email saying that there are "further reductions".
I usually go and have a look then....
But.... a few weeks after that, they will send out an email saying that it is the FINAL CLEARANCE.
That is when I go shopping! Hehehehehehe.....
Anyone that shops at Pumpkin Patch will know that a simple t-shirt will be about $20.
At the final online clearance you can pick them up for around $8.
Pretty good savings if you ask me!!
I buy a couple of sizes up, and save them until the next season.... I've done it this way for a few years now, and Rhian LOVES getting her new clothes, and I LOVE not paying a fortune for them!
The last lot I bought, I got 6 t-shirts, 2 pairs of shorts, a sweet cardigan, plus two lots of bibs and two lots of booties (for the girl I work with who is having twins) all for $97.
Now that, my friends, is a GREAT deal :)

What else...........
Oh yeah - did I mention that I am bloody tired today? :)
Mum and Dad flew out to Sydney to visit with Steph & Chris & baby Tyler early this morning, and I took them to the airport.
They arrived at my place just after 3.30am, had a quick coffee, then we headed off to the airport, cos their check in was 5am for a 7am flight.
I was back at home and tucked up in bed again by 5.10am, but I should have just got up and stayed up I reckon!
It took ages to get back to sleep, then just as I dozed off, Jeremy's alarm went off!
I was so confused I was trying to answer the damn phone - cos I didn't know what the noise was!! Hahahahaha.....
Anyway, he left for work at some ungodly hour - 6.50am I think!!!!
And I nodded off again - waking up with a fright at 7.30am!
Oooops!
Made it to work only half an hour late - so not too bad :)
My boss had ordered me a coffee in anticipation of me being tired and grumpy..... bless him!!!
I'm not so much of the grumpy......... just the tired :)


And further to my plea for a Scalloped Potatoes Recipe.......
Rose gave me her recipe, which involved Creme of Chicken Soup mix and Evaporated Milk.
I tried it last night - it is yum, but not quite what I am looking for.
Although in saying that - I THINK the one that I am probably looking for, has full cream in it, plus butter, and cheese!
Not the best for the waistline..... but I just remember the taste being SO SO GOOD! hehehe.....
Stupid thing is, is that I wont actually be able to eat it if it has got cream in it, so why the heck am I so intent on finding the recipe???
CRAZY!!!!

Oh yeah - did I mention already that I think I may be lactose intolerant??
Well, it has only taken me 8 months since surgery to make the connection between feeling bloody revolting, and drinking coffee with milk in it!!!
EVERY SINGLE TIME I would have a coffee (trim latte or trim flat white) I would feel ill.

Now - I LOVE my coffee, and there is nothing like that first cup in the morning..... except when it makes your stomach churn!
I FINALLY made the connection between the two the other weekend, so I started drinking black coffee - and whaddayaknow???
NO STOMACH CHURNING TO BE HEARD OR FELT!!!!
PLUS...... I started making my protein shakes with water instead of milk, and although it is not as nice, I don't have to rush off to the loo half way through it anymore!
I don't actually eat a lot of dairy at all, so that isn't hard to avoid, but the milk thing kinda threw me off guard a bit to be honest!
Ah well...... just another thing I have to monitor now huh?
And in saying that - I would rather be where I am at now and NOT having milk, than back at where I was 8 months ago enjoying creamy coffee!

Righto - lunch time for me now :)
Then I might just crawl under my desk and have a wee nap!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your W/L timer looks good, just wanted to share i got a new office study chair and it is fantastic, maybe given you are taking over extra duties at work you might find an extra special chair, although i also find it is good for the circulation to get up and move around a bit. As far as the legs thing goes, while i only lost 30 kg to get to my right weight, i cannot easily show my legs either as i am prone to varicose veins, have huge scars and bumps from where my knee was operated on. However i think like me, you could find a knew lenght skirt with support dark panty hose and some knee length boots could be a lot of fun without needing to show all the legs. i have some friends who have some lacy half see through from mid leg down gothicy long style skirts. i am very excited to see some new going out outfits on you, as you looked fantastic in your cup outfit. all the best from Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my tail bone that I discovered when I lost weight.

    By the way - congrats to Aunty Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting to be having so many complaints! There's a certain irony though in needing cushions for padding now ... lol

    Sounds like great bargains - I LOVE Pumpkin Patch clothes, may have a look and see if they do those esales in Australia! I often get some good bargains for Pumpkin Patch off ebay but of course they're not new!

    Be careful with your calcium levels! That's the downside to avoiding dairy. Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete