Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday 12th October - 91.2kg


Welcome to the world..........

Tyler James John Waller !!!!
Sunday 11th October 2009, weighing in at 2.7kg (6 pound), the wee man made a quick entrance at 5am, much to Steph & Chris's surprise, as he wasn't due to make his debut until November 9th!
You can bet your ass that photos will follow - cos I am the proudest Aunty ever!! hehehehe......
And...... he has already had a mention in the Sydney Morning Herald
Too funny!!!!!

Righto.... I will come back to the events of the weekend later on, but for now, I will start with my weigh in......
I think the scales are just playing with my head, to give me a great loss last week, then a piss-ant little one this week!

Last week: 91.4 kg
This week: 91.2 kg
This weeks loss: 200 grams
Total Loss: 49.4 kg

To think that I was 800 grams away from a 50kg milestone last week, only to lose 200 grams this week, and STILL be 600 grams away from the 50kg!
Ah well...... at least I had a loss huh????
Just thinking about being 1.2 kg away from being an 80's girl has be giggling like a bloody 5 year old!!!
I still find it hard to believe that I am a "90's" girl, let alone anything smaller!!!!
Woohoo!!!!

I ran in to an old friend at the supermarket last night, and she didn't recognise me.
She looked at me, then looked behind me, then looked back at me, then looked to her sister in law (my neighbour) before her SIL pointed me out, and Natasha nearly died of shock!!!
It was the funniest thing ever!
Especially since I saw an old school friend on Friday, and after looking me up and down several times, all she could say was "Are you wearing high heels?".
Hahahahahahaha....

OK - so backtracking a little........
Friday was a crazy busy day at work again, and although I keep commenting on how busy I am - I actually do love it :)
After work, I went straight home, where Jeremy had finished packing the bags, and the car, and we headed off for Foxton at about 5pm.
Got there at 7pm, had fish & chips for dinner and then sat around and talked for a bit about nothing in particular :)
Saturday morning saw Jeremy up and at em early - as him and dad were going out for a game of golf, and he was SOOOO excited!
At one stage I caught him peering out the window in to the darkness (at 3.30am) trying to determine if it was going to be a nice day or not!!!
Luckily for all concerned, when the sun finally came up, the sky was clear, and the boys were able to hit the golf course as planned!
Mum, Rhian and I got ourselves organised, and drove up to Palmerston North to meet up with
Janine & Janene for brunch, then we all headed out to Ezibuy to see what bargains we could find :)

Now, before i go further...... I just have to say how fabulous everyone is looking!
I see the photos on Janene's blog, and I think she looks great...... but I tell ya - there is NOTHING like seeing someone in the flesh to REALLY get a grasp on how much they have changed!!!
I remember seeing Janine in the mall here in Wellington when she came down for an appointment, and I was like MY GOD!!!!! I KNEW it was her, but I couldn't really comprehend how much she had changed since I had seen her last, and how different and REAL she looked compared to her photos.

Well, I was exactly the same with Janene on the weekend.
I saw her standing at her car with Jorja, but it took a minute for my brain to CLICK that it was actually her!
She looks amazing as well!!
So so so tiny! The cheek bones are amazing!!! The teeny tiny legs are to die for!!!!

Just FANTASTIC!!!!!
Anyway........ like I was saying - it was wonderful to be able to catch up with both of these lovely ladies in real life instead of just reading emails or words on a blog - JUST BRILLIANT!!!!!
OK Jo, stop gushing now!!!!! lol


Righto....... on to the shopping bit now!!!
At Ezibuy I picked up a gorgeous crop denim jacket, a long line cardigan thing and a pair of jeans in a size ...........

Wait for it.........

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

14!

!!!

!!!

!!!

!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!

OK, ok, so they are a pretty big 14, but OhMiGod!
A size 14 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That is just ab-so-FRICKEN-lutely CRAZY!!!!!
Then, we went off to a huge second hand store (SaveMart) and I hunted out another couple of bargains..... A pair of trousers for work, and a pair of cargo pants for casual, plus a pair of long shorts for Jeremy, and a couple of toys for Rhian.
Both pairs of pants that I got for myself are size 18, and although they are perfect around the thighs, the bum and the waist are too big, so I will have to get busy with the sewing machine tonight to make them fit properly.
That is the problem with being such a defined "pear" shape!
My tops half is now a size 14-16, whereas my bottom half is a 16-18 (or a 14 in a bloody big fitting pair of jeans! hahahahahahahahaha)
Ah well........ it certainly beats buying size 26 that is for DAMN SURE!!!!!
YeeHa!!!!!!

After our shopping expedition, we went back to Mum's place to find that the "boys" had been indulging at the "19th hole" (bar) after golf, and were both a little pissy eyed! Too funny!
Anyway, we ended up having a BBQ for dinner with salad and potatoes, and it was just perfect!
A quiet night was had by all, and everyone was in bed relatively early for a Saturday night!
Which is probably just as well ............... cos not much sleep was had after 2.44am on Sunday!!!!!
Hehehehehe......

I heard the phone ring, and at that time of the morning, it was only going to be one of two people.
Either of my sisters - Lisa or Steph.
I thought it may have been Lisa, cos she had rung earlier in the evening to tell mum about a big earthquake in Wellington - that none of us had felt up in Foxton.
I just thought there must have been another one.
OR....
It was going to be Steph.
The second was correct.
Her waters had broken and they were on the way to hospital.
The baby wasn't due until 9th November, so it was a shock to everyone!
After mum hung up the phone, she told us what was going on, and then everyone tried to go back to sleep.
Now, I dunno about the rest of you, but when I get woken up in the middle of the night with news like that - there ain't NO WAY that I am gonna be able to sleep! hehehe...
The second call came at 3.14am...... She was in hospital hooked up to the monitors, all looked OK with the baby - phew!!!!
Again, mum hung up and relayed the conversation to me and dad.
And again, we tried to get back to sleep......
The next time the phone went, I think I was nearly at the side of mums bed before she had a chance to pick it up! lol
It was 3.44am and Steph rang to say that she was being taken down to theatre for a c-section, as she was contracting and the baby was breech.
OhMiGod!!!!!
I tell ya what.... the next 3 hours were the longest 3 hours of my life!!!!

I lay there in the dark listening for the phone to ring....
The more time passed, the more worried I got.
I tell ya - when you have an imagination as active as mine, it is AMAZING what scenarios you came come up with in your head!!! hehehehe.....
Mum finally got a text at 7am to say that a little boy had been welcomed in to the world and all was well !!!!
YAY!!!!!
I cried!
And have actually shed a few more tears since then too...... I'm such an emotional sooky la-la!
I cried when we found out that both mum and baby were well.
I cried when we found out his name.
I cried when I heard that Steph had finally been able to hold him.
And even now, as I sit here at my desk at work, I am almost in tears thinking of the sheer joy (and probably utter exhaustion) that Steph and Chris must be feeling right about now!
To finally have their precious son is amazing - and I can't wait to meet him!

Of course the first thing I want to do is jump on a plane and head to Sydney myself, but that ain't gonna happen.
Mum & Dad are heading over on Wednesday and will stay a few weeks, and that has always been the plan.
Actually - the "plan" was that they were going over at Labour weekend - in time for the birth!!!
Hahahahaha...... Good to see this little man has everyone on their toes - he's the boss already! lol


Anyway, I just can't explain how delighted I am for Steph and Chris..... now the fun really begins :)

And since I have been typing this out for most of the morning, and getting interrupted 58 million times along the way, I will end it now, and get back to concentrating on my work :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
Bet it wasn't as cool as mine though ;)
A new baby nephew AND size 14 jeans!!
Does it get any better???
hehehehehe

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss and what an awesome weekend you had :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A weekend we will remember for sure :) Earthquakes included :)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new nephew.
    That falafel mix was bought at Countdown.... $6.09 a pottle, it makes quite a few too.

    ReplyDelete