Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday 20th October



On the weekend, I had a bit of a lightbulb moment.

I had just had a shower, and was in a hurry to get dressed to go and meet Jeremy's sister for some shopping and a coffee while the boys were out at golf.
I decided to wear some cargo pants and a t-shirt since the weather was nice enough.
Pulled on the cargo pants, and they were too loose.
But......... nothing a belt didn't fix.
Then came the hard part...
Finding a t-shirt to fit!
I literally tried on 6 tops, and they were ALL too big!
Now, I am not talking just a fraction too big.....
I'm talking miles too big.
They looked ridiculous!
One after the other got thrown on the floor in disgust.
OK - maybe the first one was quite funny, but as I made my way through the drawer and realised that I basically had NOTHING that fitted, the reality hit.
If they didn't fit now, then they sure as hell weren't going to fit next week, or the week after, or even next month.
I'm getting SMALLER!
And I don't have to keep any "just in case" clothes in a bigger size anymore.
What a revelation!
I FINALLY get it!!!
I'm getting SMALLER!!!!!
So.......... last night, before I went to bed, I started on my wardrobe.
I took out EVERYTHING that was too big, or that I didn't really like.
It was liberating.
I used to keep stuff "just in case" it fitted one day!
Even if I didn't really like it.
If it was too big or too small I would keep it - just in case one day it fitted!
NOT ANYMORE!!!!
The only down-side to that, is that now, the wardrobe that was once bursting with clothes, is looking quite sad!

We have a double wardrobe in our room, and my stuff used to take up 3/4 of it, and Jeremy was left with the other 1/4.
Now...... we both have about a 1/4 of it each, and the other half is just empty, filled with empty hangers, waiting longingly for some new threads to adorn them!
Of course the spare room floor is covered with a pile of clothes that I have to either list on TradeMe, or take to the clothing bin down the road.
Maybe that can be a job for the long weekend.... Sorting out my old stuff and making way for NEW stuff!!!
I still need to go through my drawers, and get rid of all the stuff in them that is too big as well.
I'm picking that by the time I have finished, I will have so much spare room, I wont know what to do with it all!
Most of the stuff that I am getting rid of now is around a size 18, with a couple of 20's in there too.
So I'm happy to see the back of ANYTHING that has a "2" in the front of it!

And of course...... I need to win lotto or something so that I can afford to go shopping!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Keep those tops that are 18 or less :) For Mummy :) I am not losing it very fast off my top half at all :) LOL
    Baby is home and asleep.....he is so little & cute :)
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - like your mummy - anything with a bigger top half I would be interested in looking at and buying of you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jo... that is amazing. I can't imagine how it must feel for you to be feeling this normal! One comment though - on your sidebar it shows how much your have lost since your surgery but I'd love you to show how much you have lost since your highest weight. I mean, it is all weight you have lost so you deserve to show the total figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo that sounds so amazing! I want to do that too. Ok I have a confession to make......I have been reading your blog for years. Back when you started your blog I probably weighed about 75 kilos and wanted to get down to 70. No big deal hey? would you believe over the years I have lost a couple of kilos here and there on different diets but now sadly weigh 89 kilos (don't get me wrong, that looks great on you but I am only 165cm so that makes me a size AUS16. I really don't know how I got here but now that we are the same weight you are inspiring me to do something sensible, so I am joing weight watchers. My goal is 70kilos.
    Just wanted to say thanks and you look great and you deserve all the happiness you have.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: PEPSI UPDATE that was deleted: No, it isn't worked out, just put on hold for now. Can't/won't deal with it right now. Don't want to upset Amanda right now with her already stressful situation ... she goes to court soon to try and get her sons back. Enough on her plate without telling her her 'long lost, havn't seen or heard from biological father' wants to get to know her and her siblings now after 24 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous feeling! Well done Jo, I bet you're going to have lots of fun shopping for those new clothes in smaller sizes. Congrats too on being an 80's girl!

    ReplyDelete