Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday 31st May 2012


Day 4 of the 5 Day Pouch Test, and today I am allowed Firm Protein.
Still the same rules as yesterday, no drinking for 30 minutes either side of eating, only eat for 15 minutes, and STOP WHEN FULL!!!

Yesterday went really well...
Dinner was:

Parmesan Tuna Patties:
1 small can tuna (185gram) drained
1 egg
1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons ground Flax Meal (I didn't have any of that, so I just left it out)
Pinch of Garlic Powder (I didn't have any so I used a teeny bit of crushed garlic)
Pinch of Onion Power (I didn't have any so I left it out)
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Mix everything together, form in to patties and pan fry
EASY PEASY and bloody yummy!!!!

I could only eat 2!!!
AMAZING!

This morning, breakfast was a scrambled egg and a reheated tuna pattie, but I could only get through half a pattie, so Rhian finished it off for me.
Lunch today was plain old chicken breast, and I managed to eat just under 100 grams before I had to admit defeat, and walk away.
I am totally amazed at how my stomach feels at the moment - it feels tight and full, just like it did not long after having the surgery!
The hardest thing for me is still the whole not drinking with food thing...

It actually takes a bit of planning, because before, I was thirsty, but knew that I would be having lunch soon, so it meant that I couldn't have a drink!
It is good though, because it does exactly what it is supposed to, and by not drinking with my food, I am certainly feeling a lot more satisfied for a lot longer!

Dinner tonight for the family is pork chops and steamed veges, so I will just have the pork chop - I'm looking forward to it.

I have tomorrow off work, it's Teacher Only Day at Rhian's school, so instead of her going to "daycare" I will stay home with both my girls - YAY!
In my drunken state on eh weekend I offered to have Sonya's kids as well, and that came back to bite me on the butt last night - I thought she had forgotten, but no..... so I'll have FOUR kids tomorrow!
Mum and Dad are also coming down, so it should be a busy day :)

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo again......now you finally know why YOU don't drink with meals. You need to get your food (protein) in first at mealtimes. I am sure you will find all sorts of bonus's from this. Importantly though your health will benefit from having your bodies nutrients needs met. All the things you knew and did post op. :)
    Well done :)
    Luv Ya
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by the rules and this working - makes me think about all the ways we derail ourselves and consider how we currently feel "normal" and unchangeable. Thanks for sharing Jo!

    ReplyDelete