Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday 1st July 2010

Yep - JULY!

Holy crap!!

I've been feeling really really tired lately, so when I had to take Rhian to the Dr on Tuesday for a rash on her face, I decided to make a double appointment and get myself sorted out too.

Turns out that the rash on Rhian's face is contact dermatitis - so it is totally different to what I thought it could be! i thought that she may have been allergic to something and that it was eczema.
Hmmmm...... the Dr reckons it could be something as simple as grass seeds, or even nail polish!
How the heck am I supposed to figure out what it is????
So then after Rhian was looked at, it was my turn.
She said that she could tell by looking at me that I was anaemic, and then she looked under my eyelids and changed it to "severely anaemic"!
Apparently I had no colour at all in my eyelids, and they are supposed to be red!
So, she took blood on the spot, and then gave me a B12 injection as well.
Hopefully that should sort me out.
I have to get my results tomorrow, and the levels will determine how often I will need injections for, it may be 3 monthly, 6 monthly, or even annually.
Guess I will find out tomorrow :)

We are off to Foxton after work and school tomorrow.
First weekend of the holidays and Lisa is taking her kids up to mums for a couple of days, so we are heading up there as well.
i can't get the Monday off work, so we are going up Friday and coming home Sunday.
Should be good!
Bella is coming too, so mum is going to have a house full with three kids, three extra adults and a puppy!
Wow!

Righto.... speaking of Foxton, I better get back to packing and sorting out everything that needs to be taken.
Lord knows if I don't do it, then no one else will!!

have a great weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fabulous weekend in Foxton. I am sure you will have a blast with the family.

    Good for you for seeing your doctor and getting yourself sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the "chaos" LOL
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an awesome weekend, and good on you for getting the dress bet it will look stunning on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how your Mum will feel after the weekend! Tired I bet.
    Hope you all have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great doctor, taking the time for checking things out thoroughly. i have heard that once deficient in b12 it can be difficult to get from any tablets (much more so than other vitamins)and hence difficult to build up normal levels again. and so that is worthwhile to have the injections. all the best and also hoping for a pic or description soon of you out in this fabulous new dress:)) ..Jas

    ReplyDelete