I did it - I bought the dress!
After some ummming and aahing, I finally decided that DAMMIT - I AM worth it!
So, we toddled off to the mall yesterday to meet the divine Miss Cara and her boyfriend Owen for lunch, and before meeting them, i dragged Jeremy to Stax, and handed over my hard earned cash, and left the shop with the gorgeous dress and the biggest smile on my face EVER!!!
SO COOL!!!
Backtracking a bit now....
I never did end up getting anything for Jeremy for his birthday... and I feel pretty bad about it to be honest!
But.... in saying that, I didn't want to go out and get something just for the sake of getting him something - if that makes sense??
I told him that, and he is cool about it, but I still feel stink!
And..... I still have NO IDEA of what to get for him!
We ended up having a couple of drinks at home on Friday night, Jeremy's sister came around and we just hung out and yakked.....
Started on beer, then went to wine, then stupidly opened the Vanilla Vodka that was sitting in the cupboard.... I only had one, then had to go lie down!!!
OK - so it was a bloody strong one, and I certainly paid for it on Saturday morning!
I don't think I will ever learn!
Ah well, there have been a few family issues of late on Jeremy's side, so it was actually really good to be able to sit down and have a nice evening....
The exciting thing I was talking about last week but couldn't talk about, is the fact that Jeremy has accepted a new job.
He has basically been headhunted for a new position with a new company, and they presented him with an offer last Friday, and he accepted!
But, we had to wait for the contract to come through before he could hand his notice in at his current job, or until we could really talk about it.
I 100% believe that it is the right move for him to be making, and so is he.
He is actually excited about it all, and even since Friday (when he resigned) his mood has improved ten fold.
It's weird, I didn't really think about it too much, but over the past few weeks, I have realised that he is so much more stressed out these days than what he ever was when I first met him nearly 4 years ago.
And I blame that 100% on his current job.
it is nothing for his phone to start ringing at 6am and not stop ringing until midnight. I remember one night he got a call at 11.30pm on a Sunday night and had to drive for an hour to drop something off to a work crew who had forgotten to order it the previous week.
His holidays are never really holidays, and he is pretty much on call 24/7.
that will all end in 4 weeks!
YAY!!!
He will be doing "regular" hours, for more money and more perks.
It pretty much can't get any better!!!
I'm absolutely thrilled for him, and am so pleased that he has made the decision that he did.
Awesome stuff!!
My co-worker (who has been off on parental leave for 6 months) starts back at work tomorrow, and I'm actually looking forward to it!
It will be great to have another female in the office, and I have actually missed her.
What else.....
Bella is still the most gorgeous puppy in the entire world, and she is just such a joy to have around.
Rhian absolutely adores her, and Bella just follows Rhian around the entire time they are together - so cute!!
The cats are used to her now, and they all get on pretty well.... which is a relief :)
I'm looking at maybe heading over to Sydney for a quick visit soon.... SO COOL!
Not sure exactly when, but I am going to shoot over to go to Steph & Chris' house warming party!
Of course the date hasn't been set yet, so when it does, I will hopefully be able to get the Friday and Monday off around the weekend, and head over for a few days!
Jeremy won't come, cos he would have just started his new job and wont be able to get time off just yet, so I am either going to go by myself, or take Rhian, or Jeremy even suggested taking his sister with me.
Not entirely sure what I will do as yet, but it is exciting all the same!
Anyway, "The Big Bang Theory" has just started and I LOVE that show, so I'm off to chill out and relax for the rest of the evening....
Life is GREAT!!!!!
Jeremy's new job sounds great.
ReplyDeleteI am soooo glad you bought the dress, it was too good not to eh?
Now you need Jeremy to take you somewhere flash so you can wear it.
Jeremy's present - I know he is golf mad like Andrew, is he a member at any club? I would put some money on his golf account and then when something comes in he wants, he has money to buy it. If they enter competitions and win money ($5 buck here and there) that all goes onto their account so the money soon starts to add us.
Looking forward to photos of you all dressed up :)
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxoxo
Oh congrats to Jeremy – O commented after we had lunch that he seemed really happy in comparison to last time he saw you :) That is awesome news!
ReplyDelete