Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday 7th July 2010

Got my dress:


Got my shoes:


Got my earrings:



Now I just have to get my hair done and Cinderella will be ready for the ball!
WOOHOO!!

Can ya tell I am looking forward to it??
I will make sure to take photos.......... lots and lots of photos!

What else.....
We went up to Foxton on Friday after work, I managed to finish early, so we headed up straight after school finished.
It was great!
I love going "home" and relaxing!
Although I am sure that mum didn't find it quite so relaxing with all of us there! lol

On the spare bed at mums is a quilted topper pad thing.
It is the most comfortable thing that I have ever slept on, so on Saturday afternoon when the chance arose to go to P.Nth for a super quick shopping trip, I grabbed the opportunity to duck in to EziBuy and get one for myself.
I swear, it is the best money I have ever spent!!!
I have slept like a baby every night since, and even Jeremy loves it!
The bed is now all squishy and cosy, and neither of us want to get out of it!
In fact, Sunday night, when I put it on the bed, I was in it by 7.30pm!!

DIVINE!

Oh yeah...... I'm giving up Avon....... AGAIN!
I am just over it!
I'm sick of having to chase people for money - thankfully I don't mean any of you guys out there that read this!!!
But..... I have a few customers that seem to think that it is OK to wait a few weeks before paying.

One lady took 6 weeks to cough up nearly $100, and since I have to pay my account before I can place another order, it means that I have to come up with the money to cover it.
Plus...... I'm not making anything out of it at all.
When you take in to account of paying for the books, postage & petrol, then most months I break even.
Last month I ended up having to PAY nearly $40!
Anyway, it's time to pass it on to someone else to deal with, so I have 2 more books to get through, then that is it - I'm done.
And to be honest, it is actually a relief to have made that decision!
It was OK when I was living in Upper Hutt, cos I could just deliver books and orders when I was out walking, or off to do something else.
Now, I have to arrange times with people, and make a 68km round trip just to deliver books or orders.
I enjoyed it to start with, but now it has become more of a chore than anything else, so like I said, time to hang up my "avon" hat, and move on.
YAY!

Not much else going on at the moment...
It's school holidays, but Rhian is doing the "Holiday Program" so it is really no different for me at all.
In the next lot of holidays I will take the time off and stay home with her, but this lot it works out well, cos I have been told that any leave between now and September is out of the question - unless an emergency!
I am part of a project team that is closing down our current warehouse in Wellington, and re-opening in Auckland in September, then Christchurch in March of next year.
The planning for this is phenomenal, and it take up most of my time at work these days, but I am enjoying being busy with something different.
We "Go Live" with the new Warehouse in the first week of September, so the first two weeks after that are critical, and the team all needs to be on board and available.
It's great.
Challenging but great!

Well, that's about it for me.....
Best I get my butt back to work! lol

4 comments:

  1. Not long now before the Princess goes to the Ball :) Have a great night, but do think of your head for Sunday!!! ROFL :)
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r going to be the bell of the ball Jo

    love the dress etc

    As for the mattress topper I sell them in my linen so if anyone wants to know more send them my way hehehe and yes they r a dream to sleep on.

    Can understand you giving up Avon I was well over it by yime I gave it up for similar reasons

    ReplyDelete