Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday 14th July 2010



Seems like I never have a lot to say these days.......

My life used to always be filled with drama, but now, not so much!!
I mean how often does everyone want to have to read about how much I love my life huh??

Actually......... today I HAVE got some complaints.

Complaint # 1:
I  AM  COLD!!
DAMN  COLD!!!
Seriously, I have not one, but TWO 100% Merino long sleeved thermals on.
PLUS a Merino blend long sleeved Skivvy, then a tunic top thing.  I also have long pants, sicks and boots.
My heater is on under my desk (much to the disgust I am sure, of my fellow office dwellers) and I am STILL not warm.
It is completely insane, and something that I am finding increasingly frustrating - especially since the weather seems to be getting colder!
Even when I was really fat, I still complained of the cold, but it was never like this.
This is bone chilling cold, and I'm afraid that if I add any more layers, not only will I start to look like the Michelin man, but I wont actually be able to move either!
DAMMIT!

Complaint #2:
My bathroom is still not completed.
In fact, it has not even been started yet!
3 months ago, I was told "2 weeks"
Last week, after throwing a massive hissy fit, I was told "2 weeks"
Yeah sure..... I know, good things take time Joanna.
But I am damn impatient, and I am getting more and more frustrated as the time goes by.
Why?
We have a bathroom that functions perfectly well at present.  It is in no way aesthetically pleasing at all, but it does the job.
Why am I so anxious to get the new one in?
I dunno to be honest....... I just am.
Maybe it is just something I can bitch about since everything else is actually going so well?
Maybe I NEED a bit of drama in my life.....  either way, it is annoying the hell out of me, but I have told myself that I wont complain about it to Jeremy anymore.
It's driving me mental, but I am determined NOT to nag him anymore!  
Let's see how long I last huh?   hehehe...

Complaint #3:
Rhian
The light of my life has "contact dermatitis" and it appears to be from something at our house, not her Father's.
How do I know this?
She came to my place on Monday afternoon with a clear face, and by Tuesday morning, it had flared up again.
This morning it is worse again, and I am at a loss as to what to do.
The Dr is positive that it is coming from something that she is touching with her fingers, then touching her face.
Quite simply, the Dr said that if it was from something she is eating, it would be in more places than just her eyes and face.
I'm 95% confident it is not the puppy.
Rhian had a flare up like this about 2 weeks BEFORE we got Bella.
But I tell ya, the longer it goes on for, the more I worry that it just might be!!!
I'm gonna Google it soon and see if there is anything that I am missing.....
Of course, knowing my luck it will be my make up or something!!!
I did start using a new foundation a couple of months back, so that is a possibility, but of course I can't change EVERYTHING all at once, because then I wont know what was causing it if I am successful in getting rid of it!  
Make sense??
Anyway, this morning I completely stripped her bed, and put sheets and pillowcases and a duvet cover that DID NOT have fabric softener added to the wash.  And, while I am talking about fabric softener, I have stopped using it completely.
Of course, I have no way of telling what has been washed with it in the past, and this weekend will probably involve a washing mission, going through all of her drawers and re-washing EVERYTHING!
Anyone out there had to deal with this kind of thing before and can offer suggestions?
I'm lost as to what it could be........

OK, that's enough bitching for one day!!!
We went out for dinner last night with the new company that Jeremy is about to start working for.
They hired out a local restaurant and had a mid year dinner thing for their staff.
There were 46 adults and 30 kids!!!
A HUGE change from where he works now!
If we go out for anything with his current work, there are never any kids (his workmates are either young with no kids, or old with grown up kids) and the team he works with only consists of 5 people, so there is never more than 10 people at a time!
So last night was a bit of an eye opener, but also a good laugh all the same.
Rhian made a new friend, and it just so happens that they live not far from us, so a playdate has already been talked about for this weekend!
Yay!!

My weight has been stable now at around about 85kgs for months now, and I am pretty damn happy about that!!
Yeah sure, I would like to get to goal of 81kg, lord knows I could afford to drop a few kgs from each thigh, but I have also made peace with the fact that if this is where I stay, then I am good with that.

I have HEAPS of saggy baggy skin on my thighs, and although i hate it with a passion, I can usually hide it with a good fitting pair of pants, or some opaque stockings :)

Life is pretty good for me now, and I'm loving it :)

Now I just have to get on and organise the wedding......

Watch this space!!!

3 comments:

  1. Complaint #1 - wear a hat, you lose most heat thru the head. You can get some really funky ones.

    Complaint #2 - maybe if the existing bathroom suffered some sort of accident rendering it unuseable then work would have to be expedited.

    Complaint #3 - I have nothing helpful here I am afraid (actually I didn't really have anything helpful for 1 & 2. If it was the washing powder then surely more than just her face would be affected. You said she had an outbreak before you got the dog, she hadn't bay any chance been visiting someone then who did have a dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some of your foundation on the inner part of her arm, between elbow and wrist and wait and see if she reacts to it.
    YOu are doing renovations? Maybe it is dust from the walls, or paint, or something you have in the house for the reno's?
    rub the puppy on her arm too!
    it could even be something in your garden, a plant that you have that is not at her dads's.
    Hell it could be anything.... but if you can put bits of 'stuff' on her arm that is a possible and she reacts to it...there will be your answer.
    Griffin was allergic to the soap we bathed him with... along with a few other things.
    He still comes out in an all over body rash sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - DANG GIRL you look amazing in that dress and Jeremy scrubs up pretty well as well. I bet you felt amazing!

    The cold - feel ya, my fingers are numb as I'm typing this and my noise is icy. I only have 3 layers on today but am considering going to put another on.

    Bella is adorable and still so tiny.

    ReplyDelete