Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Tuesday 27th July 2010
So much for keeping it quiet :)
Jeremy announced on Facebook last night that we are expecting a baby, and of course I couldn't NOT do the same....
Generally everyone waits until the 12 week mark to let people know, and I had thoughts of doing the same, but I can see why he is so excited - and I am too :)
Anyway.... it's out there now.
The other day when we told Rhian, we were on our way out for dinner for Jeremy's Nanas birthday.
Rhian knew that she was going to be seeing Lizzie and Ethan, and she was really excited about going out to a "real Restaurant" for a meal...
Of course it was only the local Workingmens Club, but hey, I guess to a 6 year old, anywhere you go out to eat could be classed as a restaurant huh?
Anyway....... We told her, and could almost see her mind working....
At first she was happy, and she smiled.
Then she started processing it, and the next thing that came out of her mouth cracked me up.
She looked all concerned and almost disappointed when she said:
"Not right now though aye mummy, cos we would have to go to the hospital and miss out on dinner"
Hehehehehe..... what a sweetie :)
She is really looking forward to becoming a big sister, although I have had to tell her repeatedly that if we have a boy, then NO, she can NOT name him Tyler!!
Can you tell that she adores her wee cousin?
I've suddenly realise that I have no clothes with elastic waists anymore - except my PJ's.
Gone are the days were nearly everything I wore had elastic in it somewhere!!
These days, I wear fitted clothes, clothes with buttons and zips, and clothes that have NO ROOM for weight gain!!
Oooooops!
Maybe I shoulda kept some of my "fat clothes" huh???
Cos lord only knows I can't spend the next nine months in pink PJ's with clouds on them!!
And..... thankfully I am a bit of a hoarder, cos I saved quite a bit of Rhian's "stuff" from when she was a baby.
Although I got rid of the bigger things, like the cot and change table and pushchair, I did keep most of the linen and blankets and bottles and some of her clothes that could be used for a boy or a girl :)
Then again........ I LOVE shopping, so I am sure that I am going to have fun gathering together everything that we will need for the impending arrival :)
OK, so I've been for my ultrasound, and I'm "only" 5 weeks!!
Due date of the 29th March 2011 - Crikey!!!
That sounds like a lifetime away huh??
Ah well, I guess it takes time to grow a Human :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wishing you a beautiful stressfree pregnancy Jo! LOL you cant give up blogging now!!!!
ReplyDeleteNo no no, this time you don't have to wear "fat" clothes while you are pregnant, you can go & buy some really lovely proper maternity clothing, the sort that flatters all the curves & shows the baby bump, you don't have to hide under baggy layers anymore.
ReplyDeleteOnly 5 weeks... yep, you have a long way to go.
ReplyDeleteMy eldest daughter is 'only' 10 weeks... lol... but that's still a secret!
Congratulations to you both! Alley is right - you can't give up blogging now. I think you should have a guessing comp - boy or girl - me thinks its another girl!!! Have a great pregnancy. Take care, Kristin (Singapore)
ReplyDelete