Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Wednesday 28th July 2010
Thomas & Charlie have turned in to Hunters.
Great Hunters.
Very proud great hunters in fact!!
Unfortunately, WE are the ones that they like to "show off" their kill to, and it seems that 2am is a pretty good time (for cats) for showing off said kill.
Last night we had a bird and a mouse.
The night before it was just a bird.
The night before that was 2 birds.
And the night before that I am pretty sure it was a mouse and a half!
Come to think of it..... I never did find the other half of that rodent! *Shudder*
Of course Bella doesn't like to think that she is missing out on anything at all - especially if it sounds like fun!
And wakes me up to be let out to participate in the ceremonial "playing with" of the dead animal in question.
There are still a few feathers floating around the hallway from the debacle a few nights ago.
My question to you all out there in BlogLand....
How the hell do you get cats to STOP catching things and bringing them home to show off???
PLUS..... how the hell do you get a 4 months old puppy to sleep through the bloody night???
Yeah yeah yeah
I know what you are all gonna say...
GET USED TO IT......
IT's GOOD PRACTISE.....
Blah blah blah.
I'm tired dammit!
I used to be a heavy sleeper, but lately, I wake up to every little bloody noise around.
Probably due to the fact that I am hardly getting the chance to get to that "deep sleep" stage because of the overwhelming need to pee every damn 30 minutes!
But...... I'm tired!!!
I put my head down on my desk before, and I could have easily just closed my eyes and nodded off for a bit.
But.... I'm picking that my boss wouldn't be too happy if he had to prod me awake cos I was snoring too loudly!!
Jeremy had the sweetest suggestion before...... Why don't I go home and get a nap in before him and Rhian get home.
He offered to pick her up from After School Care and everything.
Pity I'm doing the work of 3 people this afternoon, otherwise I might have done just that!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had a cat once who did it...waltzed in proudly with the bird...i screamed and yelled at him then promptly put him outside and left him out there for the remainder of the day (he was use to coming in and out at his leisure) he never ever did it again lol but im guessing screaming at 2am may not be ideal LOL
ReplyDeleteMy baby has 4 bells on his collar and he still brings birds in to show off......the dog with eventually lose interest, but I am afraid the new cats may always want to contribute to the family.
ReplyDeleteKeep your cats inside at night. Where we live it is illegal for your cats to kill birds and if they are found outside at night they are taken to the pound. My kitties live inside at night time.
ReplyDeleteI know a family who's cat puts a mouse almost every night into housewife's shoe (or whatever footgear she has in use at the moment) and pushes it deep in for a good morning surprise. They live in countryside, so there are always enough mice. Animal psychologists say that it is cat's way of paying for the food and care.
ReplyDeleteI have a cat, too. But my cat is arrogant enough to think that she doesn't have to pay and comes in with the mouse, plays with it and then with crackling noise eats it - sometimes the whole mouse but most of the times leaves something on the floor. Leftovers are usually something from intestines or a butt or a nose. It’s sincerely unpleasant. Same happens with birds also.
Yukk..... one reason why I don't have cats.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry but I am with Hippy with this one I cant stand mice and if I had one in the house dead or alive at anytime of day or nice I would not be at all best pleased.
ReplyDeleteAs for the up every half hour for pee sorry chick that how it gonna be for a wee while yet but take as many offers of rest when u can
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
FELICITY
Oh what fantastic news about baby. Congrats you guys. I won't forget that date either - its my wedding anniversary.
ReplyDeleteAs for the cats ....Had a couple like that too. Use to chase them all round the house. Birds mainly. They just wouldn't let them go. Luckily it wasn't all the time only occasionally.
Heidi's story sends a shudder down my spine.
Take care of yourself chick.