Wow - what a great few days I have had :)
Of course the ring on my finger is still making me smile, and the fact that I have had 8 days off work in a row is pretty freaken fantastic too!
But, I can't believe how quickly everything has flown by....
It seems like only yesterday I was scrambling around on Christmas Eve wrapping presents and packing bags!
Christmas Day was fantastic, and being around family was the best part!
We went to Jeremy's Dad's place in the morning for breakfast, then picked up Rhian and headed off to Foxton where we spent the day laughing and eating and unwrapping presents - it was wonderful :)
Once I was over the shock of being proposed to in front of everyone, I proceeded to get drunk! Apparently I was talking shit, but I didn't care too much! hehehe....
The great thing was, is that I didn't have a hangover at all on Boxing Day - Yay me!!
come to think of it - I can't actually remember what the heck we did on Boxing Day to be honest!
I know that Jeremy went off to play golf in the morning, but apart from that - I think we all just hung out at home???
27th Dec we left mums and went out to the beach house with Sonya and her family, and then the next few days passed by in a blur of kids fighting, wind blowing, sun shining, fishing, shopping, eating, drinking, more kids fighting, and lots and lots of laughing.
New Years Eve started at lunch time when we went out for lunch, then carried on all afternoon and in to the night.
We spent the evening at mums place and then Jeremy and Rhian and I ended up staying the night as well. It was a great night, and I remember lots of laughing again!!
New Years Day rolled around and I was Hangover free again - I'm not sure how I managed to drink so much and not suffer from a hangover at all - maybe just plain luck??
We came home yesterday (Saturday) and although we had a fabulous time away, I was bloody thrilled to be home again.
Today we collected the cats from the cattery, and have pretty much just chilled out at home, although I did manage to sneak out earlier and pick up some BARGAINS at the local 2nd Hand Clothing shop.
Tomorrow, Rhian goes back to her Dad, and then Tuesday will see both Jeremy and myself back to work.
Like I said earlier - I just can't believe how quickly the time has flown by!!!
NOT FAIR!!!
I've discovered that my body must have changed again, as my only two pairs of casual pants are now too big, so like I said previously, I snuck out to the 2nd hand shop this afternoon, and managed to get 3 pairs of casual pants, plus 3 shirts for work.
I could hardly believe when I tried them on and they all fitted - all size 12!!!
Rhian wondered why I was grinning so much in the changing rooms! lol
The one thing that pissed me off though, is the fact that the 3 pairs of pants I bought, are all size 16!!!
I hate the thought that my top half is still two sizes bigger than my bottom half!
That is the one thing that I will certainly be working on in the coming year!
To get rid of the last few kilos and get these thighs smaller! hehehe....
I haven't been near the scales since before we went away, and to be honest I am kinda too scared to!!!
I know that I have to though, and since Monday is my usual weight day, I will suck it up in the morning and just take whatever the damn things say!
I have drunk FAR too much, and eaten FAR too much too, so when I register a gain, I just have to accept that I can't be perfect all the time, but make sure that my butt is firmly back on track again.
Jeremy gave up smoking on New Years Day - so today is day 3 for him.
He is determined to do it this time, so I am supporting him all I can....
I know that the next couple of weeks are gonna SUCK, so I am gonna have to try to be patient and CALM! *rolls eyes* I'm not very good at being either of those things normally, so wish me luck!!!
I had great plans of taking loads and loads of photos while we were away, but as usual, life got in the way, and I think the camera spent most of the time in my handbag!!!
Rhian is absolutely besotted with her newest cousin, Tyler, and to be honest - so am I!!!
My one regret of the past week or so, is that I have had hardly any time with Steph and Tyler at all.
I'm gonna see how this week pans out, and hopefully get away on the weekend and head up to Foxton again and have some decent time with my gorgeous sister and her delightful wee man!
She is a great mum, and takes it all in her stride, and Tyler is a testament to that - he is such a contented wee baby and has won over the entire family - and anyone else that has come to visit as well!!!
Righto - this was supposed to be a quick post, cos I am tired and REALLY want to just crawl in to bed and go to sleep.........
So I will sign off here, and if I ever remember what the heck I did on Boxing Day - I'll be back! hehehe......
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Hope you get some more time with your sis before she goes. Did you get the chrissy card?!
ReplyDeleteKate :)
Definitely sounds like you've had a fabulous time away! As to the gain - who cares! If there's one thing i've learnt in 2009 it's the importance of seeing this as a lifestyle change and it's natural to expect to gain at times of year such as this!
ReplyDeleteAwwww there's nothing quite like newborn babies is there? Hope you can get back there next weekend to spend some time with them.
Your break sounds as though you had a fabulous time and of course it was very very well deserved.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry too much about the scales as it is obvious from the change in clothing size that positive things are happening.
Wow sounds like you have had a fabulous break! And I hope you get to spend some more time with Steph and Tyler before they go back to Aussie.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't stress re the weigh in, take it in your stride, get back on the horse and you will be right as rein in no time at all!
Your holiday break sounds so wonderful! I am jealous! Well ours was OK, but yours! Fabulous.
ReplyDelete