Monday, January 18, 2010
Monday 18th January - 88.3kg
A big fat GAIN for me this week - Oooops!!!
Last week: 87.3kg
This week: 88.3kg
Result: GAIN of 1kg!
Total Result: 52.3kg
Ah well, I'm not gonna dwell on it or try to make excuses..... it's done, I'm over it.
Now, back to my appointment with David on Friday.
I got weighed in and I officially HATE their scales!
92.3kg!
WTF?!?!
Didn't help that I had jeans, a jersey and boots on I guess! hahahaha...
It was too damn cold to wear anything else, and I certainly wasn't gonna take any of them off to weigh in that is for damn sure! :)
But, the weather in Wellington is another freaken story.....
Back to my appointment..
I saw Julie (the nutritionist) to start with, and it is the first time that I have actually met her, so is was good to put a face to the name.
She was lovely. Quite young (nothing wrong with that) and very chatty, and we seemed to get along quite well.
We ran through a typical day of eating, and I mentioned that over the past couple of weeks I have been STARVING!
My stomach literally starts grumbling at about 9am and continues all day!
Of course I react to the grumblings by eating, and I will be the first to admit, my choices aren't always the best!
Anyway, then I went on to say that I have started eating breakfast since going back to work.
I have a small bowl of Special K cereal with trim milk in the morning, and I hate it!
Hang on..... the cereal is OK, but I just HATE having to make time for breakfast, and having to force myself to eat the bloody stuff when I am not hungry.
I've never been a morning person, and I have never really like eating breakfast at all.
Anyway, I was feeling quite pleased with myself, because even though I hate breakfast, I have stuck at it for the past few weeks.
Then............ CLICK!! - She made the connection.
The day I started eating breakfast, was the first day that I was hungry all day!
Her comments were then..... that if I don't like breakfast, and I am not hungry at the time I am forcing myself to eat breakfast, then I am hungry pretty much straight away............ is to STOP eating cereal first thing in the morning.
She suggested having something protein based later in the morning, when I am HAPPY eating food.
Try an egg or some tuna or a protein bar or something else that my body needs or could use better than sugary carbs.
MAKES SENSE JOANNA!!!!!
So...... this morning I didn't have breakfast, had my usual morning coffee at about 9.15am and here it is, 1.30pm and I am only just starting to feel like I want to have something to eat!
CRIKEY! Why the heck didn't I put those two things together two weeks ago! hehehehehe......
Anyway - Julie was lovely, and once I had finished with her, I had to wait to see David, as he was running half an hour late.
Finally got in to see him, and we just chatted away for about 15 minutes.
He said that "Goal" is no longer a number for me (in his eyes), it is more like where I am happy and comfortable.
I explained that I am not 100% happy with where I am now, and if this was it for me, that I would be disappointed.
Purely because I firmly believe that I still need to lose a few more kilos around my thighs and butt.
He was happy with that, and told me to expect the weightloss to slow down a LOT if it hadn't already.
Of course it already has, so that news came as no surprise to me at all :)
All in all, the appointments went well, and I left feeling happy with what was discussed.
I will go back again in a couple of months for my "12 month" check, then after that I just need to go once a year for a catch up.
Pretty sure that is how it works anyway :)
The weekend was great - Friday night I caught up with Jeremy's sister over a wine, but only stayed at her place a short time before heading home to organise dinner.
The funny thing........ she is selling her wedding dress, and I absolutely adore it.
She was insistent that I try it on, so that she could either give it to me, or sell it.
It is only a size 14, so I was paranoid that I wouldn't get in to it, so I have been putting it off for weeks and weeks.
Anyway, after we'd had a wine or 2, she decided to get it out anyway - and I decided to give it a go!
OhMiGod - It FITTED!
A size 14 wedding dress people!!!!
SIZE 14 for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, ok, so it was about 6 inches too short, with not enough hem to let down, but it was absolutely perfect (if not a bit too big around the bust area!), and the style was just gorgeous!
She even put the veil and tiara on me as well - too funny!!!
I was just dumbfounded that it fitted, and it made me realise that I actually do want a pretty dress for my wedding.
Last time, I didn't have a choice - There was one size 28 dress in the shop - I had to wear the only one that fitted.
And although it was nice enough, it is nothing like I would ever choose now.
I guess that is the key here.......... I will actually have a CHOICE this time around!!!
HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!??!
Saturday was spent doing a long overdue grocery shop, then we went in to Lisa's place for afternoon tea so the kids could all have a play together. Our cousin and his wife were there with their two boys, so Rhian had a blast playing with her cousins and 2nd cousins - it was a relaxing afternoon, and just bloody nice!!!
Sunday saw us up early and giving the house a damn good clean.... it needed it! hehe
Then out to lunch for a quick curry, then home again to relax and just hang out for a bit.
It was a good weekend, and now I'm back at work - determined NOT to get stressed out by the workload, and absence of co-workers!
Speaking of co-workers...... the girl that i work with (or did until she went on Maternity leave) had her twin boys on the weekend - how cool!!! Was great to hear!
Alrighty - time to sort some lunch out now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A size 14 wedding dress.......fabulous! You are going to have SO much to chose from now it is going to be a blast looking at all the different styles out there. With your height and fabulous figure, you are going to be ONE STUNNING BRIDE!
ReplyDeleteQuestion: If you got your op in Hamilton, how come you seen your surgeon (and the other lady) in Wellington? Was your initial consultation etc in Wellington or Hamilton?
Your weekend sounds lovely and relaxing.
Mum and her hubby moved BACK from Australia this weekend (to Napier) so it has been full on (as you can imagine....LOL).
Great to hear you had a lovely weekend. Hope work isn't too busy this week and that the weather is a lot better.
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya
xoxoxoxoxo
Wow - a size 14 wedding dress! Your choice is going to be unlimited!!:-)
ReplyDeleteSpecial K, while low fat and calories, is high carb which would explain the hunger later in the day. I'm glad you got that sorted. Oh I can't wait to see your wedding pictures when you finally get married (and divored first or course!)
ReplyDeleteWowzers! Faboulous news about the wedding dress! I know what you mean. I wouldn't have chosen mine had it not been the right size and able to be made longer for me.
ReplyDeleteThat all makes sense about the breakfast! I like to eat a bit later in the morning too (not after 1pm though!), but feel better throughout the day I have it later. Otherwise I seem to be always hunting for food! Glad I'm not the only one. I might stick to my gut! ;)
K :)