Friday, January 29, 2010
Friday 29th January
OK.... what the hell has happened to January?!?!?
SERIOUSLY?!?
When I realised that next Monday will be the first of the month, I had a mini (silent) breakdown!!
I mean COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
Work is still crazy busy at present, my manager is still trying to use up his leave, and seems to be away more often than he is here.
Not that I begrudge him that at all..... I LOVE being here by myself at times, I seem to get so much more done!
Like today, I can actually do this update, because for once I am on top of everything at the end of the month!
GO ME!!!!
So, what's been going on in the life of Jo lately?
Well...... I had a few anxious days last week when my period didn't make an appearance.
It was a week last Monday ( the 18th) and I never did get it!!!
Yep - skipped it completely I did! hehe
Took a pee-on-a-stick test on Saturday morning, as I didn't want to start my next round of contraceptive pills without ruling out the possibility of being pregnant first.
It was a big fat NEGATIVE, and to say that both myself and Jeremy were a little disappointed was an understatement!
Don't get me wrong.... we are not actively trying to get pregnant at this stage, I mean I am still on the pill for goodness sakes! hehe
But, just the thought of me "possibly" being up the duff was kind of cool.
Anyway, after a lot of reading on-line (Google is your friend) it seems that it is quite common to skip a period while taking the pill!
Hmmmmmmm...... I guess I will wait until next month and see what happens! hehe
Anyway, like I said, it was a little disappointing for both of us, but also a teeny bit of a relief, cos it will be better if it happens in about 6 months time! hehe...
I want to actually GET to goal, and be a bit healthier before gaining a shite load of weight and carrying a passenger for nine months!
YES - I know that it doesn't always go to plan, but hey - dreams are free right? lol
What else.....
Jeremy found out a couple of weeks ago that his cholesterol is SKY HIGH!
It gave him a bit of a fright, and although he had already given up smoking (been almost a month now - so proud!!) it gave him the kick up the bum needed to get some much needed exercise as well....... and he joined a gym!!
I accompanied him last night to his Dr for a follow up, and learnt all about good cholesterol and bad cholesterol and what it all means etc.
Turns out that Jeremy has a high risk of a heart attack (1 in 5 chance actually) of having a heart attack in the next five years unless he can get his levels under control!!!
Now this is something that NEITHER of us wanted to hear, and I could almost see the colour drain from his face when he was given those statistics.
So of course, it's time to do some serious sharpening up in regards to the way we eat and live!
I will be the first to put my hand up and admit that I have become a bit lazy in the cooking department these days.
It's not because I don't like cooking or eating healthy, it's just because it's more "convenient" to boil up some pasta and chuck in some chicken and sauce instead of preparing a nice fresh healthy salad or stir fry.
It's much easier to shoot down to the Fish & Chip shop and grab takeaways than what it is to make it all at home - WITHOUT all the fat and grease!
Because I eat such a small amount, I don't actually put a lot of effort in to cooking or being creative any more, and I know that I need to do that - not just for Jeremy's sake, but for my own as well!
So..... it's back to visiting the market and getting fresh fruits and veges, instead of loading the cupboards with instant meals and easy fixes!
He has four weeks before his levels are tested again, and within that time, his Dr wants him to lose 4 kg as well.
If his Cholesterol levels are still above 8 once he gets retested, then he will go on to medication to bring them down, in conjunction with healthy eating and exercise, and then once they are right down to an acceptable levels, he will be weaned off the tablets completely.
Of course we are both hoping that by the time he has his next lot of bloodwork done, that the levels would have come down enough on their own, and he wont actually NEED to go on any medication.
We both know that it will take a lot of work and commitment on Jeremy's part, and I have to be there to help him along the way :)
So that is what is going on with both of us on the Health side of things....... on the HEAD side of things, it's weird for me still.
I went to get dressed the other morning for work, and tried on three different shirts - all of which were too big for me!!!
So.... I spent 10 minutes putting a couple of darts in one of the shirts to try to make it smaller and not so "Clownish" looking.
Tried it on, and it was STILL too big!!!
I ended up finding another top to wear, but it left me feeling a little depressed to be honest!
So.............. on Wednesday, I headed in to Farmers and went straight to the sale racks to see if I could pick up a couple of shirts at bargain prices.
I found a few cute ones, so headed off to the changing rooms feeling like a bit of a fraud, cos I had a size 14 and a couple of size 12's.
Well.......... BUGGER ME if the 14 wasn't too bloody big for me!!!
I tried on the 12's and all three of them fitted perfectly!
I swear to go I nearly cried right there in the changing rooms at Farmers!
I KNOW that I have a couple of 12's in my wardrobe already, but I just reasoned that they must have been bigger fitting tops, cos really.......... I'm so not a size 12!!!
Oh hang on.............. Maybe I AM!!!!
Anyway, I ended up buying three new shirts, all size 12, all $15 each, all reduced from $39.95, so I was one happy shopper!!!
I am wearing one today, and have had a few compliments already :)
I've also had one girl at work exclaim that I am TINY!
Hahahahaha......... too funny!
The first thing that I think of when people react like that, is my thighs!
I instantly rebuff the compliment by saying "Thanks, but I still have a LONG way to go".
I really REALLY need to stop doing that!!!
It's just hard after spending so damn long being obese, to actually changing my mindset to KNOW that I am "normal" now.
It's gonna take a while I reckon :)
Righto - it's lunch time now, and I am a bit peckish, so I might head off to the supermarket and grab some salad to go with my tuna :)
Healthy eating isn't really that hard is it?
Hehehehe....
Have a great weekend everyone :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG! You may still be pregnant! With the boys it took a lot longer than it's meant to to show a + on a POAS test!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Jeremy's health issues, hopefully you can get his cholesterol under control together!
K :)
OMG! Jeremy's cholesterol thing is scary! I don't get mime checked cos I am scared they would say something like that to me.
ReplyDeleteWell done on the Size 12s! I think I would have cried too!
I can understand your disappointment on the pregnancy. It happened to me too and then we went on to have number 3.
ReplyDeleteGood on you for the healthy eating plan. That is a very scary reading but I'm sure it will come down with good eating and exercise.
Well done on the size 12 clothes. Time for some new photos!!
Have a great weekend Jo.
Oui!! You didn't ring me when you were doing that pregnancy test..........hahahahaha....memories ;)
ReplyDeleteOhhhh so exciting you guys are planning a wee baby, that is great news.
Bugger about Jeremy's health but I have full confidence you guys will work it out, you are a very determined women and I don't think Jeremy is going to have any problems bringing down his cholesterol with you on his side.
I got goosebumps when I read you were in a size 12 - how proud of yourself are you!!!!!!!!
So much more selection in clothing now eh?
I'm happy/sad for you re: not being pregnant! lol ... and good on you for supporting Jeremy in the cholestrol management. Early intervention is the best thing. Wahooo on the size 12!!! Fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteSize 12 - amazing!!
ReplyDeleteExciting the baby thoughts:-)
I dare you to start carrying around a photo of yourself at the start of your journey and one of you now. And every time that negative self talk rears it's head about how far you still have to go LOOK AT THEM! You'll see the stunning transformation that we all see.
ReplyDeleteSize 12 is an awesome achievement, well done Jo, that's something to be VERY proud of! I too am guilty with the convenience food but sometimes what fits well with a working lifestyle tends to be the go. I often cook up meals in advance these days - like tonight I cooked meat and vegetables and made 8 plates instead of 4 so we will have the same dinner on either Tuesday or Wednesday night.
Hope that the new changes gets Jeremy's cholesterol down soon - try Flora ProActive margarine if you have it in NZ - I've heard countless stories of it really lowering cholesterol absorption!
Awwww I've been there too with the pregnancy disappointment - fingers crossed that it happens quickly when the timing is right.