Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Tuesday 19th January
With so much doom and gloom in the world at the moment, I am going to make an effort to be positive and happy :)
It's so hard to watch the news at night and see the devastation in Haiti. I cried last night when they showed a young boy with a broken arm, crying.
He wasn't only crying over the pain of his arm, but he was crying because his mother was dead, the rest of his family was missing and he no longer has a home.
He looked to be about the same age as Rhian.
My heart broke for him and all the others that are facing the biggest challenge of their lives.
So, it's time to be happy and thankful for all that I have.
My Daughter.
At 5 1/2 years, Rhian is headstrong and dramatic and she challenges my patience every day, but I would die for her.
Before she was born, I never understood how anyone could say that they would so anything for their kids.
Now I understand. My heart swells every time I see her, and just when I think there is no more love to give, I find it.
To watch her grow and change is one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced, and even now when I look back on photos from just a few years ago, I wonder how in the world I created such an amazing human being.
My Family
Knowing that I can pick up the phone at any time of the day or night and call my mum or dad is an incredible feeling.
Knowing that they are there for me 100% is something that I can't even begin to describe.
The unconditional love that my parents give is amazing.
They are two of the most tolerant, understanding and loving people that I have ever met.
Of course there are times that they probably want to shake me or lock me up, but they don't.
They have let me make my own mistakes and then when it all turned to custard, they have always been there to help pick up the pieces.
Of course my family is not only my parents, but also my two amazing sisters.
Growing up in a family of three girls wasn't always easy, but I wouldn't change it.
The three of us are all so completely different, yet all similar in a lot of ways.
We now all have families of our own and lead totally different lives, but as soon as we are back together, it is like no time has passed at all and we can pick up from where we left off - even if it has been a couple of months since we last saw each other.
I love my family!!!
My Partner
Now Jeremy and I haven't always been on such a smooth path, but the road we are on now is fantastic!
He loves me for me, whether that is at 140kgs, or 88kgs. He has the ability to make me laugh when no one else can, and I adore the fact that whether we are out with a crowd, or just at home by ourselves, he makes me feel like the most important person in the room with just a look or a smile.
When I think of him, I smile. And when I think of spending the rest of my life with him, I have no doubts.
He loves Rhian and to see their relationship blossom over the past year has been a joy to watch.
There are boundaries and rules, and she responds well to both.... something that I was struggling with at one stage.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for us...
So those three things are the biggest parts of my life my Daughter, my Family & my Partner
Of course I have amazing friends, a great job, and now (thanks to the Gastric Bypass surgery) I also have my health as well.
I never dreamt my life could be this great, and I can only hope that it may continue for a long long time to come!!!!
So now tell me.......What are YOU grateful for???
On to other news now......
I AM going to the gym today.
It will be squeezed in between two meetings, but I WILL get there!
Jeremy joined a gym yesterday, and I can't let him beat me! hehehehehe....
Along with giving up smoking (he is 19 days smoke free today - YAY!), he is also eating better, and now - exercising too!
CRIKEY!!!
So...... the challenge is on!
He wants to lose 20kg, I want to lose 7kg.
Let's see who can get there first??
GAME ON!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful positive post! So happy for you love! The world is your oyster! K :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jo. That's a lovely post indeed. You've got a great attitude! 7 kg's? Of course you can do it! Susan
ReplyDeleteAwesome post... gave me goosies all over... really nice. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteKate (kittie444)
Great post to read first thing in morning :) you sound so happy, so complete, it's wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteAnne
Yep - I got goose bumps as well:-)
ReplyDeleteLove ya :)
ReplyDeleteI can see engergiser bunny putting his best foot forward to win this weight loss ..... no sitting on the couch now!!!! LOL
xoxoxoxo