Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday 25th January - 87.6kg

Yay - a loss this week:

Last week: 88.3kg
This week: 87.6kg
Result: loss of 700grams
Total result: Loss of 53kg

It's just a small one, but I'm happy with that, cos it means that the numbers CAN still come down.
At times I think that I might have already hit that place where I can't move from, and at other times, I think that I can still go lower...
Time will tell I guess :)

I didn't get to the gym last week - time just wouldn't allow.
OK - maybe the way that I was working made it so that time wouldn't allow....
Anyway, enough excuses - I'm back there this week, and the days that I can't see myself having a full hour (or more) then I will go out and hit the streets and go for a walk instead.
That is what I ended up doing last week.
Some days with the ways that meetings are lined up (yes we have a LOT of meetings where I work) it is impossible to get to the gym.
It's just a timing issue.... getting changed, getting down there, working out, getting changed again and getting back to work take about an hour and 15 minutes.
When I don't have that much time, I will go for a walk around the block that pre-surgery, would have killed me!
It is "only" 3.3kms, but I remember trying to do it back in the 140kg days, and I seriously got half way down one of the streets and had to turn back cos my lungs were burning!
Seriously sad stuff :(
Anyways, the other day, I walked it, smiling most of the way, spaced out with my Ipod blaring, in 35 minutes!
Awesome stuff :)

The weekend has been pretty non-eventful.
Friday was spent in bed with a migraine / headache.
I seriously didn't even get up all day - LAZY!!!
Saturday the weather was shite, we tried to go to the movies to see Avatar, but it was sold out, so we booked for Sunday and came home again, after having lunch at the mall.
Sunday was movie day, and I can thoroughly recommend Avatar (in 3D) to anyone!!! It was amazing, and although I didn't really want to go see it at all, I am sooooo pleased that I did!
Futuristic, scientific fantasy type stuff is SO not my thing, I wasn't sure if i was going to be able to sit through it, but it truly captivated me from the first minute, right through til the end - FANTASTIC!!!
Today is Wellington Anniversary Day, so no work for us here! YAY!
Haven't done much though.... went out to get some groceries, then came back and just blobbed around for the day.
The one good thing is that I managed to catch up on all the washing cos the rain stayed away for the entire day :)
Rhian got dropped off by her Dad and Marie, and they stayed for a coffee, but apart from that - nothing else has happened!
Oh...... I had a sleep for about an hour this afternoon cos I had a headache - how exciting!

I actually haven't been able to shake this damn headache since Friday, and it is starting to piss me off!
I think I am dehydrated, cos it I am honest, I am not drinking much water at all.... OK - try NO water at all!
I know that I NEED to, so that is something that i have to work on as well.

Righto - that's about it for now...
Jeremy is watching "Inglorious Basterds" and I am hopeful that it is nearly over, cos I didn't wanna watch it at all.....
Problem is, is that he is watching it in the bedroom, and I wanna go to bed.
Hmmmmm, might be time ti make him move me thinks :)

4 comments:

  1. I didn't want to watch that movie, but ended up doing so and enjoyed it. Sure I am not into any of the holocaust type thing, but man Quintan Tarantino made me think, and there was actually a good story behind it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DRINK YOUR WATER! You naughty girl ... lol ... so much easier to drink the water than tolerate the headache! Well done on the 700 gram loss. I could swear my husband paid you to write that about Avatar, he's been trying to talk me into seeing it and I keep telling him it's not my type of moving, now i'm even reconsidering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good loss especially as you're getting so close to your goal.

    I might just have to go and see Avatar. I've seen all the shorts and the making of it and thought it wasn't really me. But everyone seems to think its fantastic. Maybe I can be converted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m still resisting seeing Avatar. But saw Inglorious Basterds a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it!

    You are looking so amazing Jo! I am so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete