Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday 13th January



Oooo.... I just remembered I have my check up with the surgeon on Friday.

YES - I rang them to confirm them - and YES they are REAL appointments this time!  haha
It's supposed to be my 9 month one, but of course cos they stuffed it all up so much before Xmas, it is more like my 12 month one!
Hehehehe....  I was really hoping to be at goal by the 27th January, but since I still have 6.3kg to go to reach 81kg, I can't see that happening!  
Wouldn't it be great if I could somehow manage to lose that in the next 2 weeks though??  
Ah well.... dreams are free right?  *wink*

So many of you commented about how I look happy, and seem happy these days.....
And Ya know what?

I AM!

Seriously, there are so many things in my life that I am absolutely thrilled with, and I can't remember ever being this happy about so many things!
I'm actually HAPPY!
Honestly HAPPY :)
I think back to years gone by, when I was just waddling through life, so sad, wondering when it was going to be my turn to have the happy ending that I dreamed of.
Now it seems like all of my dreams are coming true and life is finally turning out how it was "meant" to be.
The future seems exciting and bright, and while I look back on some of my past with regrets and sadness, I know that it is all finished and done with.
Sure..... I know that life isn't always going to be rosy and 100% blissful, but I know that I am better prepared to get through the tough times now.
It's amazing how much I blamed on my weight.
If someone didn't like me, I blamed my weight.
If I didn't get a job, I blamed my weight.
If I failed at something, I blamed my weight.
Now I can't do that anymore..... and ya know what?
I don't need to!
Cos I am not hiding behind that weight anymore either.

Anyway....... So many people are asking me about the wedding.......
And to be completely honest with you all, I haven't even given it a second thought.
Well, OK, maybe I have thought about it a teeny bit, but I have a bit of a mental block at the moment.
I'm actually still married to Chris!
Yeah, yeah I know.... it's been nearly 4 years since we separated!
It's just something that we never got around to!
But, the funny thing is, that we were actually talking about finalising it all last year, so I have all the forms filled out ready to go, I just have to get my butt over to the Court house to do it - oh yeah, and come up with $175 cash  Thank-You-Very-Much!!!
So..... until I get that sorted out, I feel a bit funny talking about weddings and dresses and dates and everything.
Maybe some cash will fall out of the sky tonight?
Then I can get it done tomorrow!  hehehehe.....

Righto - I have a pile of work to get through, and this ain't getting it done, so best I get back to it!

6 comments:

  1. i looked up on some statistics and found that by the 6 month mark, much like with people who do weight loss successfully but without surgery hardly any continue to loose fat. Generally people regain some. though there are a good number who only regain a small amount.
    i often wondered why people regain at the 6month mark. This happened to me, but i only regained a small amount and then a few months later got the motivated to reloose that.
    i wondered why my motivation flagged at that 6 month mark. I would say that it was related to perhaps being a bit overstrict on cutting out some foods and on pushing for exercise that was not easy to maintain as a lifestyle forever thing.
    So when i relost some i included more "incidental exercise" and understood my triggers better.
    In Short: i would say at the 9mth mark appt many would be regaining a bit or a lot and need help so as not to get discouraged and regain too much.
    The reason why people push to be at a goal by the 6 mth mark is often because they feel they cannot sustain the effort.
    So i would say you are reaching the best goal. The goal you have reached is that you are naturally exercising and eating at the level of about 78 or whatever maintenance. So you keep moving towards there at a sustainable amount that makes it more of a lifestyle thing than a desperate effort to loose weight overfast by will power.
    I wonder if past attempts mean you have known how to handle the triggers, the need to keep blood sugar up, how to avoid injuries and overdoing it when exercising, how to get the incidental exercise in and the like. therefore The doctor will probably want to know what you are doing that you are not regaining, why you are doing better than the others. because you have a lifestyle in place. I am pretty sure you will be an inspiration to them.
    i hope you have friends that do not focus on wedding dresses but who can keep asking you to things that are active like out for a walk and chat, or the park with kids, or shopping for gym shoes. Your health is just so important, and i know every week you keep the focus is a week closer to long term success. Maintaining the success is so key right now, and i really hope you can fit in time for being active over this next 3 months in particular.
    from Jas

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'Day Gorgeous.

    I have been thinking about you sent you sent that text with your fabulous news about getting engaged...........AWESOME!

    You sound and LOOK much happier these days and I am so glad you are continuing a life which is now full of love and happiness rather than stress and unhappiness (where your weight is concerned).

    I know everyone looks at you and thinks how easy this must be but I know it has been a hard road but you have come through the worst of it now and can reap the benefits of your success and get on with your life.

    Love you lots,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I have been away for 3 weeks, congratulations on your engagement. I love the ring - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going so well for you, let 2010 be the great year for you well suppose last year was pretty successful. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you Jo!
    You totally deserve it!
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous post - you deserve this happiness! 2010 will be a fabulous year for you and I look forward to reading more about your wedding plans as they happen! Wow - only 6.3kgs to go? That's fantastic, I can't wait to load your page and read that you're at goal!

    ReplyDelete