Last week: 87.7kg
This week: 87.3kg
This weeks result: -400grams
Total Loss: -53.3kg
So.... it's still coming off, just a lot more slowly than I would like it to.
Ah well..... It'll happen :)
I have had such a great weekend, just chilling out with family has been so cool.
Spending time with Steph and Tyler has been awesome too... he is such a gorgeous wee thing, makes me teary eyed just thinking of him :)
Such a content baby - I reckon it is due to the fact that he has a wonderful mummy!!!
We finally got around to taking some photos.... I LOVE the new colour of Steph's hair - it make her eyes look AMAZING!!!
I can't believe this is me at times.....
I look at the photos, and sometimes it just doesn't register in my head.
Then I look back to something like this:

And wonder why I didn't do any of this sooner......
It makes me sad to think that I spent so much time depressed and angry.
But........ it's a new world now!
A world where I can skip with my daughter down the road, and I can bike ride with my man, and I can go shopping with girlfriends, and I can blend in to a crowd.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
Oh yeah..... I got my hair cut even shorter on Saturday:
Not the best lighing in the pics, but you get the idea!
It is so quick to do in the morning now - I don't need half a tub of hair sculptor and half a can of spray to keep it looking decent now!
Just a quick mess up and a quick spray and I'm done for the day! AWESOME!!!
Holy crap Jo! You look amazing! Love the hoodie too ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteOoh your post gave me goosebumps. You HAVE come so far and look so beautiful. It also makes me sad that you spent so much time unhappy as we watched you struggle but that's over now and the future is bright! Over xmas I had to keep looking at you. Not only are you gorgeous but you are so happy and it shows! I LOVE that photo of you and Tyler! Oh I miss NZ already. Love you x
ReplyDeleteJo, you look absolutely bloody amazing. You are gorgeous. I cannot believe that was you in the other picture!!!!
ReplyDeleteKym/Oz
Your sister is cute as well as quite petite particularly with her lovely cheek bone structure, and i know babies are little (and this one looking most loved and happy too), and so there is no denying as you are in the pictures with them, that you look 1.slender 2. gorgeous cheekbones 3. happy and content and radiant.
ReplyDeleteI am an aussie and only checked in years back when i was looking for inspiration for loosing some weight i gained with my return to study. with long hours of sitting and uni stress i had gained 30 kg. but as i managed to loose the 30, again like you i had some loss, regain and then a final more permanent loss of the remaining to get to 70kg(i am not as tall as you but because mine was very much in the midriff i could hide some with coats sure, but reality is that midriff fat is the most dangerous for hte health so this was a big motivation to get to my correct weight) i learnt a lot along the way.
So i do recall your photo from way back, and at the time you were a great inspiration to me, and now i am so happy for you to see you looking and feeling so great. YOu had a much bigger job than i did, and i know how much work it is to achieve this.
A lot of it is about finding new emotional patterns, to find new goals and ways to put our energy, and to increase our gratefulness and postive thinking. So when i see your shift in thinking, emotions and i know you have tackled this in a very deep way that helps ensure lasting success.
Also will say my neck area looks a bit saggy, maybe with loosign weight when a bit older than you, but your neck area, cheekbones look absolutely young and fabulous.
With regard to the rate you are loosing fat now, it seems pretty perfect from my understanding, as they say slow and steady at this point tends to stay off best, plus it gives a chance to adjust on every level, and keep your nutrients up, so you can have the sparkly eyes, clear skin and happy feeling.
And Wow at the one year mark and you are still powering along, which shows me that you have made the inner changes, as well as having got a more active lifestyle in general: not always about "gym" just things like going to the races and standing more, or all the things involved in moving house, browsing threw the thrift shops, sorting out clothes you used to have for sale, running around with activities for the kids and family,things like making the blinds, the swimming times, and it all adds up for a sustained effort. You seem to have adopted a more active lifestyle that you can fit in with your family things, and are loving it. This i think helps to keep long term success.
All the best from Jasmine
Oh I remember that photo from way back when, you were always a beautiful person inside and out but now it shows much more in your smile! And wow @ those collar bones! You have every right to be proud of yourself, you've come such a long way!
ReplyDeleteJo, You look simply amazing, well done! Your effort has all been worth it, not only from a health perspective but an emotional perspective as well. Being overweight totally does your head in. I have a lapband and and while I have lost 40 kg I do need to lose another 30 or so. But I have recently been blessed with a second pregnancy, however seeing your results and new found love of life has made me even more determined to get the rest of my excess weight off after I have my bub at the end of May. Thanks Jo for inpsiring me..... By the way a big congratulations om your engagement. I cant wait to see wedding pics!
ReplyDeleteWendy
Loving the new haircut - so much so that I have printed it out for MY hairdresser to get an idea of what I actually want at the back!! So, thank you...
ReplyDeleteLooking good too - am very very jealous and you have once again, reinspired me to get on track and STAY on track this time!! I think it's definitely the collar bones that did it for me - and your huge smile! You must be happy - it shows!
Link to private blog I am sure you still have access to it.... http://hippygal-for-me.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteWow - you are so good at making your hair look great and have fabulous fashion sense. Incredible to think you spent so much of your adult life overweight when I see you now.
ReplyDeleteI too remember that photo that you just posted - I wish you would revise your "before" weight to what it was originally, it truly is amazing to see the journey you have been on.
Seeing that Photo sure brings it home how far you have come.
ReplyDeleteLuv the new hair do :)
Have a great week..xoxoxoxoxo
OMG!!! You are looking so fantastic and also remember that photo from your "early" days! You have come such a long, long way! Love the hair do too!
ReplyDeleteYou took my suggestion! That is such an amazing comparison! Phenomenal effort Jo - check out the collar bones! OMG!
ReplyDeleteLooking adorable - not just physically, you can see it within you radiating out, K x
Hey Gorgeous. Happy New Year. Just saying what everyone else is.
ReplyDeleteI love the way the happiness is oozing out of you. I have thoroughly enjoyed your journey the past year and watching you blossom. And now look at you. Woohoo so close to goal. You go girl.