I'm 16 weeks pregnant this week, and I have gained a few kgs since my last weigh in :(
The scales say I am now 89kg.
I'm "ok" with that.
I'm coming to terms with the fact that I WILL gain weight.
My aim is to stay within the guidelines of 5kg - 10kg for the entire pregnancy, but I'm not going to be stupid about it.
The most important thing is the health of the baby, not the number on the scales.
I'm OK with that too...... mostly :)
So..... I was around about 85-86kg when I got pregnant, so it means I have gained about 3-4kg so far.
I'm OK with that! lol
And this morning I realised that when I was pregnant with Rhian, I took weekly photos to show my bump progress....
I haven't done that at all this time around, and thought that I would do it again....
Here is me this morning, 16 weeks :)

Not sure that stripes are the best thing to wear with an expanding belly, but hey, when have I been a follower of fashion huh? hehehehe....
I'm "kinda" lucky in a way, that I have a small waist - normally!
It means that I have several pairs of pants that have had the waist taken in on them.
So..... now, all I have to do is remove the stitching, and VOILA!
Pants that fit!
Well, they will fit for a few more weeks anyway :)
What else?
Oh yeah, my time off last week was great!
Wednesday was the day that mum and dad came down to bring Rhian back, so I had a lazy start to the morning, then we just hung out at home and sorted through the mountain of baby stuff that they had also brought with them.
So cute remembering back to the time when Rhian was small enough to wear some of the stuff they turned up with!
I didn't realise how much stuff I had kept and shipped off to their place once she had outgrown it, but now I'm glad that I did!
Thursday was a shopping day, as I had promised Rhian that she could go to "Smiggle" and get a drink bottle!
It is all she wanted..... too cute!!
So, while we were out shopping, I took the opportunity to buy her some new shoes as well.
Her feet are growing so fast these days - I am sure she is gonna have huge feet when she gets older - just like her mama!!!
I also managed to sneak in a quick stop at Bunnings to pick up some paint for the baby's room.
We have decided on a soft pale green colour.... so all I have to do now is actually paint the walls and make the curtains - YAY!!
Friday was a fun day, so we went out for lunch with Rose, then headed off to the pools and the kids had a blast in the water for a few hours, while I read a magazine on the sidelines!
There were so many kids everywhere, that I just couldn't be bothered with them all, so I happily stayed out of the water this time :)
Then after that it was back home again to make fudge and hang out.
All in all it was a great few days, and I really enjoyed spending the time with my gorgeous girl :)
This week is proving to be a very quiet week now that Rhian has gone back to her dads place.
Last night I was in bed just after 7pm!!!
I'm just not sleeping very well lately, so I figure that if I can get to bed early, then there is more of a chance I might get a little more rest at least.
Well, not much more to report.... It's a pretty boring life I lead these days!
It seems to revolve around working, eating and sleeping!
*YAWN*
xoxo to the gorgeous mummy to be :) Looking good :)
ReplyDeleteYou look FABULOUS DARLINK......
ReplyDeleteYou're beautiful, pregnancy beautifies you!
ReplyDeleteYou've written here before, that you have the paid vacation only a few weeks after the baby is born. I'm sorry, that New Zealand has such a law. I'm not sure if you want to hear this :), but in Estonia we have the law that after the birth of a child mother gets so-called salary from the state during 18 months. The monthly mommy-salary is as big as you earned monthly before you got pregnant, it means that you can stay at home with the baby and your salary keeps coming for 18 months. After that you have the choice to go back to work or to stay at home for another 18 months with a small child support money.
May be you can send a hint to those who "bake" the law in NZ :)
Some women glow when they are pregnant - and you are one of them:-)
ReplyDelete