Jeremy had to go up to Taranaki for work on Thursday, so I took a couple of days off work and tagged along for the ride.
Of course this had already been arranged BEFORE we got the gorgeous Miss Bella, so we decided to still go ahead with our plans, and just take her with us!
And..... she was a perfect angel!
She travelled so well and she was just a pleasure to have around :)
We found a motel that was "pet friendly" and of courser everyone who laid eyes on her just fell in love instantly, so all in all, it was a fun few days!
I pretty much ate my way around Taranaki, and am sure that I have gained a kg or two.... but ya know what??? WHO CARES!?!?!
Hehehehe.... my jeans still fit and I still love life!
WOOHOO!!
Anyway, while we were in New Plymouth we were lucky enough to catch up with a Rose's daughter, Ashleigh, who lives up there.
Ash works at a funky cafe called "The Landing Cafe" in New Plymouth, and we went there for breakfast on Friday morning.
OH
MY
GOD!!
She makes the BEST french toast that I have ever eaten in my life - SERIOUSLY!!!
Now, I can't eat a lot of bread, but even so, it was just divine!
Not only is it the delicous egginess of the french toast, but she stuffs it with cream cheese and walnuts!!!!
Then it is topped with banana, berry compote and maple syrup on the side!
HOLY CRAP!!!
I didn't think that french toast could possibly get any better...... I WAS WRONG!
So........ if any of you are from new Plymouth, and you have the opportunity to go to the Landing Cafe on the corner of Ariki and Brougham Streets, GO!
Do your taste buds a favour and have the french toast - YOU WONT REGRET IT!!
But...... make sure you do it within the next 4 weeks, cos Ash will be winging her way to take on Melbourne in a month!!!
Anyway - it was a great couple of days, but as always, I was glad to be home again :)
How could you NOT fall in love with this face:
We are all totally smitten with her :)
Even when she wakes us up at 5am!
The first night we had her home was great - she slept pretty much the whole night - only waking a couple of times, and settling pretty quickly when she did.
The second night was a bloody nightmare!! lol
I think we all (including her) got about 3 hours sleep!
The 3rd night was not so bad.... she pretty much slept through the night, but did take a while to settle.
Since then, she has gone straight to bed, and slept all night, waking at around 5am.
I got a hot water bottle for her on the 3rd day, and I am sure that is what has helped her to sleep through the night :)
Anyway, like i said - we are all totally smitten, and she is such a good wee girl that it is hard NOT to fall in love with her :)
On to other things.....
Yesterday we had my niece's 4th birthday party to attend.... it was GREAT!
Lisa had it at home, and there were 8 (I think) little girls between the ages of 3 and 6.
They made bead necklaces and iced cupcakes and ate party food and ran around squealing like little girls do :)
Anastasia got some great presents and like I said - it was a fantastic party :)
And then when we got home, we found that Jeremy had done all the housework - including folding all the washing!! AWESOME!
Today we have just muddled around at home for the day - it has been pretty shite weather, so it was a good opportunity to just hang out and do nothing without feeling guilty about it!
Tomorrow (public holiday) we have a family lunch with Jer's family, and then hopefully after that I can call in to Postie Plus and grab some clothes for Rhian.
They have a big sale on at the moment, and with Rhian growing so fast, her pants are looking decidedly short on her, and the arms on her tops are riding up too!
I just can't get over how quickly she is growing at the moment, it seems like just yesterday I bought her new pants and tops for school....... ah well - that's life huh? lol
God I LOVE long weekends!!!!
We went out for brunch today and just because I had read your entry I opted for french toast. It was ok but nothing like yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jo for your comment on my entry, helped me understand the "other side".