Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Wednesday 23rd June 2010
What a busy week it is turning out to be!
My manager is away on leave from work, and I took the day off yesterday to zip up to Palmerston North to attend a funeral.
I got home at about 8.45pm last night, so it was a long day, but it was a great day all the same!!!
Of course the circumstances were not the best, but I got to have a quick catch up with Steph and Chris and my adorable nephew Tyler!
It was Chris's Nana that died, so Steph and Chris flew over on Sunday night (along with mum and dad returning from their holiday over there) and then back home again today.
So.... like I said, it was a fleeting trip for them.......... but it still meant that I got to have a million cuddles and kisses and smiles from Tyler!!!
Gawd I am SO CLUCKY!!!!!!
Ironic timing too...... I got my period yesterday morning, so yet another month of trying to get pregnant is down the drain......
Bah humbug :(
I can't remember if I have mentioned this before...... but we have something really cool to look forward to this year........
We are going to spend Christmas in Sydney with Steph and Chris and Tyler!!!!!!
Well.... if my leave gets approved of course! Hehehe.....
We made the decision a month or so back, but I haven't been able to apply for leave until we knew if my co-worker was actually intending on returning to work after her maternity leave.
So, now we know she is coming back (on Monday), I can apply for my leave.
But..... to make things complicated, my manager has also applied for the same time off, and since I had last Christmas off, in theory, I am "supposed to" work this Christmas!
Anyway, I am now just waiting for my manager to get back from leave next week, to tell me what the story is.
Then, the next step will be booking tickets!
YEEHA!!!!
I can hardly wait!!!
Rhian is super excited about it too, and Jeremy is stoked, so we are all totally hanging out - only 6 more months to wait! hahahaha.....
More exciting news...... we have a "Formal" function to go to in a couple of weeks.
Now, in the past, this would have totally freaked me out, purely for the fact that I wouldn't have had anything to wear that could be classified as formal, and my options would have been severely limited to buy something new, due to being so fat, and broke, and therefore unable to splurge and buy something from somewhere like Zebrano etc.
NOT THIS YEAR BABY!!!!!
I have LOADS of options!!!
I have a cute wee dress already hanging in my wardrobe, and if that isn't "formal" enough, I have a long dress hanging next to it!
Then....... if I am not happy with either of them, then there are a heap of stores out there that will have something to fit me!
FAN-FREAKEN-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have I mentioned lately how much I love my life???
There is more going on as well - which is great for our wee family, but I can't mention it until it is all official.
But it's great news :)
I LOVE MY LIFE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Was a bonus seeing you yesterday. Glad you got home safely.
ReplyDeleteYou sure do have lots to look forward to this year :) Will be a real exciting time for you all.
Keep warm & healthy. Both sniffing & coughing here. Bloody cold weather :(
Luv to all
xoxoxoxo
OMG! I am in Sydney @ Xmas too - any chance of a blog meet?!??!
ReplyDeleteYee hah!