Sunday morning, and it's raining - bums!
We had great plans for today, Rhian is having Poppy over to play today, and we were going to take them to the park with the puppy for a run around.
Looks like that wont be happening!
Instead, we will all be stuck inside - yuck!
I was talking to Sue & Sharon on Friday night about the wedding..... it's "only" 18 months away now, and we still haven't decided what we are doing, where we are having it, or a budget.
It is a bit like a never ending cycle at the moment.... we really need to look at the guest list and who we are actually going to invite. Once we have that sussed out, then we can look at locations.
There are a few that I like, but they will be totally dependant on the number of guests we have.
Pretty sure that last time we looked at the guest list it was sitting at about 120 - 130 without even thinking too much, so a venue that only holds 8- people is out of the question of course!!
There is a place down by the beach in Petone that holds up to 200 people, but I think the prices are quite steep. I am going to call them on Monday to find out.
I really really like the idea of a casual wedding, even a BBQ style thing, but finding somewhere to do that, where we can also have alcohol, and not have to pay "bar" prices it proving to be tricky :)
I'm sure it wasn't this hard the first time I planned a wedding ;)
I made sushi last night..... AWESOME!!!!!
It's funny, cos I didn't realise how easy it was, yet how complicated it can be - if that makes sense??
I always just assumed that it was rice - plain old rice!
Ha! How wrong was I?? Anyway, now that we have all the ingredients, I can see us making it quite a bit, (yesterday was the second weekend in a row) and I can see us experimenting a bit with the combinations too.
Last weekend I made teriyaki chicken with carrot, cucumber & capsicum.
This weekend was a smoked salmon with carrot, cucumber and capsicum, and also a plain chicken with cream cheese, pineapple, carrot, cucumber and capsicum!!!!
Sounds weird - I know! But there is a little sushi place in the mall where I work that does a vegetarian one with cream cheese, pineapple & avocado, so I thought i would just take it to the extreme!
DIVINE!!!
Anyway, I am sure that I had a heap more to say, but I'm buggered if I can remember what the heck it all was!
Best I get cracking and get organised for the day - we will be off to collect Poppy soon, then head off to the Zip Bathroom place to check out their sale and see if we can find a vanity that we both love :)
Then it will be lunch somewhere, and then back home so the girls can have the afternoon together.
Work this week will be full on, as my manager is on leave for the entire week. I'm looking forward to it though, cos I always get so much done and have a great sense of accomplishment in doing so!
My co-worker (who went on maternity leave to have twins) is coming back next Monday, so I have been getting things ready for her return as well.
Not sure if she will be happy, but we have split the roles up differently to what they were before she left.... will be interesting to see what she thinks of it all.
Plus, I have been told that I am to take a more "senior role" in the team, so it will also be interesting to see how she reacts to that as well - sionce she has been doing the job longer than I have.
All in all, it's gonna be an interesting few weeks :)
Hope you are all having a great weekend!!
I would say if the BBQ style is what you want then go for it. It suited us to have ours that way. Is there anyone's house that you could hi-jack for a wedding like we did?
ReplyDeleteMind you - ours was only about 70 people, but to me it was perfect.
I love sushi and if you go into 'Stephens' in the mall, they have a contraption called a 'susheez' which helps you make sushi and is much quicker. It is two half rounds and you just put the rice and ingredients in and close it then push it out onto your seaweed.....much easier and quicker.
ReplyDelete