Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday 17th June 2010


Wicked!
I didn't even realise how long it had been since I last updated...  Ooops!!
The stupid head cold I got last week is still hanging on... I took 3 days off last week, then spent most of the weekend in bed resting up as well, but here I am on Thursday, and I still have the runny nose and the watering eyes and the itchy cough...
NOT FAIR!!!
I'm back at work though - just because I was going completely bloody stir crazy being at home, plus there is so much to do here :)
The bonus of it all, is that while I was resting up so much with the flu, my ribs have stopped hurting!!
I guess that will happen when you spend 80% of 5 days in bed!  hehehehe.....

Not much more going on at present....
We don't have any major plans for the weekend, so I am expecting a nice quiet one :)
There is a bog bathroom sale at Zip over in Tawa, so we might head over there to see what is on offer.
I am getting sick of waiting for the bloody builder, and am getting fed up with the constant delays, so we might have to look at finding someone else if we don't find out anything this weekend...  I guess that is the downside to hiring a "mate".

We have also tossed the idea around of selling the house we are in at the moment, then going renting for a while.... just so that we can get out of the area we are in, but realistically, the rent would essentially be "dead money" so not too sure if we will take it any further at all.
If we sold, we would be debt free, and could save a shite load of cash in a year, but again, it might pay to just hang on here and struggle through for a couple more years.
The problem being, is that there seems to be something that needs doing all the time, and everything requires money to be spent, so we are basically getting nowhere fast.
It's so frustrating, but on the other hand, I know that we spend far too much on eating out and socialising and just "living" so if we could be tougher there, then maybe payday wouldn't seem so far away each month!!!

Bah humbug!!
Might take a lotto ticket this week :)

Everything else is great though..... Rhian is brilliant and is coming along so well in her school work.
She has even been put in her own reading group as she is reading 2 - 3 levels above the rest of her class - so that is pretty cool!
She absolutely adores the puppy, and it makes my heart smile to hear the little "conversations" she has with her.
Rhian can't wait to become an older sister, and is constantly asking me when I am going to have a baby.
After 5 months of trying, I am starting to think that my eggs have shrivelled up and disappeared, cos we aren't having any blimmen luck at all!
It's frustrating, and I know there are people out there who have tried a LOT longer than we have and still haven't been successful, but it just seems that every month that ticks over, is another month lost, and another month closer to 40 for me!

Jeremy is great with me and very patient when I burst in to tears every month we are not pregnant, but I know he is starting to wonder if it will ever happen as well!
He actually asked his GP about getting tests done to make sure there is nothing wrong with his "swimmers", and the Dr has told him that we need to just keep on trying for 6 months, then start looking at tests etc.
Of course with a "normal" couple, the Dr said that he would suggest "trying" for a year or more, but because of my age, he said we should bring the timeline in a bit.
Hehehehehe.......... isn't it funny - some days I feel like a spring bloody chicken, and other days I feel like an old broad!!
Crazy!

Righto - best I get back to work now :)

Hope all is great with everyone out there!!


7 comments:

  1. Hope that baby comes along sooner rather than later.... and glad you are feeling better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sick sucks!! But glad you are on the mend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our eldest daughter is having the same problem as you.. she has been 'trying' for 7 months now with no luck with the baby making. It is tough.. every month she gets all upset... so I know how you must be feeling too.
    I don't know why you can't get some tests done now? Push for it if it's really troubling you! Go private even. Amanda has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Chris, there is no reason not to start having tests. It must be so frustrating now that you have made the decision that it doesn't "just happen".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a doctor - but do remember from WW days years ago when I lost a pile of weight and my cycle got all mixed up, just wondering if may take your body a while to get back into kilter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember a friend of mine telling me when I told her I was going to start trying, not wait more than six months and push for tests to be done... she had problems you see...

    Anyway, I studied up on getting pregnant before trying (all those years trying NOT to and I had to Google how TO get pregnant)... did what Google suggested and BOOOOOM. First try.

    All I'm saying is if you know you're doing everything correctly - you'd be surprised, there was a lot I didn't know about things!! - and it isn't working then definitely get tests done...

    Best of luck - will be rootin for ya! ha ha ha!!

    Kate (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sending positive vibes.........have fun trying.

    ReplyDelete