I'm sick :(
A damn headcold came in unexpectedly and blindsided me yesterday dammit!
I woke with a sore throat on Tuesday, but chose to ignore it... hoping it would go away.
It didn't.
So yesterday morning when I woke up, it was like there was a bloody great lump in my throat that hurt like hell every time I tried to swallow.
Doesn't help that I have a dry cough with it, and every time I cough, my ribs hurt!
What happened to my ribs?
Oh yeah - I never did tell you that story huh?
Well..... a couple of weeks ago we went out for drinks to farewell a guy from Jeremy's work.
He (Dave) came up behind me at one stage and tried to pick me up - as you do *rolls eyes*
Now, after spending my entire adult life being too fat for anyone to pick let - let alone TRY to pick up - I have developed a reflex whereas I lean forward and try to make myself heavier, therefore making the "picker upperer" unable to get air, and letting me keep my feet on the ground.
Hmmmm, it seems that losing nearly 60kgs has an affect on the ability of others to actually be able to lift me up, so this time, when I leaned forward, and he lifted, my rib popped!
I actually felt it!
So, I did what any other normal person would do, and I drank the pain away :)
But..... when I woke up the next morning, not only did my head hurt, but my rib also made me squeal in pain.
over the next few days it got a little better, and I never did go to the Dr at all.
Then we got the gorgeous Miss Bella, and one day when I was crawling around on the floor with her, I felt that damn pesky rib go "POP" again!
This time it was even sorer (is that a word??) than the first time, but, since there is nothing that anyone can do for a broken rib, I still haven't been to the Dr!
It is getting better, and it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as what it did last week, but every time I want to cough, I have to suppress it a bit - Frustrating!
Righto..... where was I?
That's right.... my head cold.
So yesterday, I went to work, but came home at about midday, just because I figured that it wasn't actually a good thing to be a martyr, and if anyone else in my office got sick, then I would be to blame!!
And of course, the fact that 4 others in my office have all brought the damn cold to work with them over the past couple of weeks, made me realise that it is NOT good to share the bugs!!
Plus..... my throat was itchy, my eyes were watering, my nose was running and I just felt miserable!
I came home, plonked myself on the couch, and stayed there for the afternoon, just chilling out with Bella and the cats, watching mindless crap on TV!
Jeremy got home, cooked me dinner AND cleaned up afterwards as well - BLISS!
This morning my throat is still croaky and my nose is still stuffed, so another day at home is called for :)
And so far, I have watched The Biggest Loser, some infomercials, Dr Oz, Judge Joe Brown and 60 minute Makeover!
Next on the lineup? Rachael Ray!
Then...... I might actually get out of bed and have a bath..... nice :)
Hahahahaha..... did you know that peeing in the shower actually HELPS to eliminate athletes foot and Tinea???
Urine has something in it that kills the germs!
Just learnt that on Rachael Ray!
Not a lot else going on... No major plans for the weekend, in fact I am thinking a very quiet one will be quite good!
Hope your feeling better soon chicky! At least you didn't call an ambulance! You wouldn't believe the number of callouts we go to for people with the flu, and then go crazy at us because we won't take them to hospital! Amazing! Look after yourself :)
ReplyDeleteGot to love daytime TV huh, the things you didn't know you didn't know.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon.
Hope you feel beter soon Jo! Enjoy the trashy day time tv!
ReplyDeleteKel xxx
I LOVE quiet weekends (especially when we have a long weekend), hope you feel better soon and are resting up lots!
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing, my husband has the same thing although I sure if you ask him he would be WAY sicker than you (or anyone ever in the world).
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better.
Been a while Jo - hope you are ok!
ReplyDelete