Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday 31st May

What a week :)
And what a weekend!!

Here is the latest addition to our family:


Some of the pictures aren't so clear, but she moves and wriggles so much it is hard to get the camera focused before she squirms away!!
And she is tiny..... she weighs in at just over 1kg, and I can pick her up in one hand no problems.
Apparently she will probably grow to be about the same size as our cats!

FANTASTIC!!!
She is a Shitzhu/Pekingese cross, and we are smitten with her already :)
We are yet to decide on a name, but the names Abby, Gemma, Bella and Kaya have been bandied around so far...
Rhian comes home today from her dad's, so we have told her to write some names that she likes down on a piece of paper, and we will go through them all tonight and make a decision.
And although I am pretty sure that Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus, and Barbie will all be on her list...... NONE of them will be picked! hehehe

I was expecting last night to be just awful with her, but surprisingly enough, she was relatively quiet!!
I heard her cry a little bit at 12.30am, then nothing until 6am!
If she keeps this up - I will be thrilled!!
Jeremy is "working from home" today, so they get to do some bonding, and I can't wait to get home myself to give her some cuddles too!
YAY!

I finally decided to jump on the scales this morning..... just for old times sake *grin*
And I was stoked to see that I have managed to maintain my weight for over a month now - WITHOUT daily weighing!
The last time I did a Monday morning weigh in was 26th April, and I was 83.8kg.
Sure, I have been on the scales a few times since then, just out of curiosity more than anything, and I have figured out that I can fluctuate between 83.6 and 86.6kg, so there is a 3kg "window" there so to speak.
This morning, the numbers flashed up 84 kgs this morning, and I am absolutely THRILLED with that!!
It just means that I am supposed to be where I am, and that I have no problems maintaining this weight.
To me, that is totally amazing, and something that I never thought I would be able to say!
But hey..... I'm not getting complacent, I'm still eating well, and getting as much protein as I can.
But I'm also not stressing about it day after day, hour after hour like I used to.
I don't live to eat anymore...... now I eat to live, and I love it!

I LOVE MY LIFE!!

Now........... all I need is a real baby - and it will be perfect :)

Good things take time.........

5 comments:

  1. Puppy is adorable, sounds like life is good for you!

    I wonder what name you will pick for her....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she was a good girl :)
    Have a great week witrh all your gilrs & boys LOL
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks just like Chris H (Diet Coke Rocks) new dog Coco
    H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella is adorable... so like our Coco and Teddy! I hope you are enjoying the piddle patches and little piles of poop! I'm not!

    ReplyDelete