Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Wednesday 21st April
2 more sleeps!!
HOLY CRAP!!
I'm nervous, excited and shit scared all at the same time!
It's only 2 more sleeps until i head away on my "Blue Mountain Adventure Weekend" with a bunch of strangers........ and Cara *waves*
I have NO IDEA what activities we will be doing, simply because the chick who has organised the trip hasn't let us know.
It's gonna be a surprise I guess *wink*
I pretty much have all my gear sorted out..... I caved in today, and went and bought a GORGEOUS outdoor jacket that will keep me toasty warm and hopefully (fingers crossed) dry too!!
It was a big step for me..... cos you all know that I am the budget queen right?
K-Mart, The Warehouse and Farmers all the way!!!
Well, this jacket was from a proper "Outdoors/camping" store, and reduced from $450 down to $170, and even though it is a HUGE saving, it is still a HUGE amount of money for me to outlay....
But I did it anyway!
PLUS...... I "splashed out" on a new pair of slippers, a pair of thermal long johns, AND a pair of waterproof / rain paints.
All from The Warehouse of course! hehehehehe....
Anyway, like Jeremy said..... the jacket will last me a good few years, so it will be worth it in the long run :)
The funny thing is........ when I was in The Warehouse, looking at the thermals and the rain pants, I immediately went for the biggest size!!
Size XL in Thermals, and XXL in rain pants.
Off to the changing rooms I went....
Hahahahahahahaha, the rain pants literally slid off me, and I didn't even bother to try the Long Johns on at all!
Back to the rack I went, and after a few attempts, I ended up getting a MEDIUM in both!
MEDIUM!!!
That is crazy!!!!
But Oh so cool !!!!!!!!!
And.......... when I was buying my flash new jacket, I asked for an XL, and the guy just looked at me as if I was nuts!
He said that I would be better off with a more "fitting" jacket so that it can do it's job.
OK - so I will try the Large on then.....
"How about we go for the medium and see how it fits?" he suggested!
Queue the giggling from me, and the strange looks from the other customers :)
The Medium fitted in every way, except it was a tad short in the arms, so I ended up getting the large, cos it means that my wrists will be covered as well!
Soooo funny!! He musta thought I was a bit mental I reckon!!
Anyway, I've been having protein shakes for breakfast and lunch for the past week and a half in the hopes of getting some more of this weight off, but I jumped on the scales this morning to see how I am going, and the little bastards flashed up 84.4kgs at me!!!!
That is a 400 gram GAIN since Monday!!!!
Hehehehehe........ I am thinking that I might just well be STUCK here at around the 84kg mark forever.
Not that I am worried.............. cos I have MEDIUM on my tags!!!!!
YEEHA!!!!!
Righto - I gotta run and pick up that gorgeous daughter of mine,,,,,,
She is just plain delightful. :)
OOoooooooo - I MUST add my camera to the pile of stuff that I am taking away!
I would just KICK MYSELF if I forgot that!!!!
Oh yeah - whaddaya all reckon about a "Picnic Wedding"???
Mum suggested it the other day, and the more I think of it, the better I like the idea!!
Jeremy and I both want something pretty low key, and the idea of the Picnic Wedding just really appeals to me.
Basically, you just come along (without a present) and bring a picnic for you and your family, bring a blanket too, and spread out and relax.
We would supply all the booze and entertainment, and we would just get married right there, with everyone spread out around us.
I could have a gorgeous dress, but also be barefoot - an idea that I LOVE!!
The only thing I am stuck on...... is where the hell could we have it???
Suggestions welcome *smiles*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What if the weather is no good for a picnic, what would the alternative be? I like the idea of low cost weddings. Another option is just the spit roast company doing the catering. It really does work out quite cheap and can be very casual.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of the picnic wedding but not sure of venues as yet but will put my thinking cap on and let you know if I think of any ideal venues...
ReplyDeleteWell as you know Jo my wedding was low cost - the whole thing was about $2000 including all the BBQ food and wine that even included my dress, my mum's and my bridesmaids outfit.
ReplyDeleteAunty Ali said there is a place out in Wainui LOL Can't remember where she said!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
Rimutaka Forest Park, Rosweood Gardens Woa,Percy's Reserve,Harcourt Werry Park UH
ReplyDeleteSorry should be Rosewood Gardens (Moores Valley Rd Woa)
ReplyDeleteOh that is a great idea Jo :) There is a cool place behind the begonia house at the botanical gardens in Welly which would be perfect for a picnic. Cupcakes would totally suit a picnic wedding too hehe wink wink
ReplyDeleteSounds great! Both our girls had very low keys weddings and we were told by people they were the best ones they had been to.
ReplyDeleteOops - should be key not keys!
ReplyDeleteI might just steal that idea! How gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, and a picnic wedding sounds awesome :-)
ReplyDeleteYep the picnic idea is brilliant (on ya Jenny!).
ReplyDeletePercy's Reserve is lovely but I think Harcourt Park in Upper Hutt has heaps more room and you could allocate yourself a corner somewhere where you wouldn't get every tom, dick and harry being nosey and interupting.
It also has good toilet facilities which will come in handy after a few celebration toasts....LOL
Ohhh Ohhh I just thought of something.
What about a cricket club or tennis club or something like that, which you could maybe hire and have total privacy, still do the picnic AND you would have cover (clubrooms) just in case the lovely Wellington weather turns to custard.
Medium might have been on those tags but I bet your smile was X-Large! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! A picnic weekend sounds lovely - low key but still original, fabulous!
ReplyDelete