Friday, April 30, 2010
Friday 30th April 2010
Holy Crap - I just realised that I have been working for this company for 8 years next week!
CRIKEY!!!
That's a long time :)
Picked up a great tip for getting more protein (and less carbs) in to my diet off a newsletter that I get sent every month from the surgeons office.
The idea is that instead of using bread, use HAM!
So..... I have taken a slice of ham, and spread it with a mix of lite cream cheese and a touch of pineapple, then rolled it up - YUM!!!
Next week I will try it with some grated edam cheese and sun dried tomatoes :)
What a fabulous idea!
Small things like that really help me out, since I don't really like (or handle) eating bread...
Lately I have been heading for the sushi bar, but of course there is bugger all protein in that as well, so the ham idea is a very timely one :)
I might even be a rebel and mix it up next week....... I might try sliced beef too! Ooooooooo... how exciting! hehehe...
What's on this weekend?
Not much!
I have a Tupperware party to go to tonight at Jeremy's cousins place, so no doubt there will be loads of alcohol on offer!
I'm just gonna offer to drive everyone, cos I'm not really in the drinking mood today for some reason...
Really can't be bothered.... I have to deliver Avon straight after work, so I will meet up with them once I have done that.
Saturday will be a quiet day, and I might even haul my ass out of bed early to go to the markets and stock up on vegetables etc.
But, then again - I might just have a sleep in instead!
Who knows! haha
Geez my life is pretty boring these days!
We have decided to bite the bullet and get the bathroom done NOW rather than wait until next year.
I've just had enough of the stupid bloody shower head never working properly, and having to jiggle the taps to get the right temperature!
The builder isn't available for three weeks, so between now and then we will pick out all the new tapware and cabinetry etc, so it is all ready to go.
There is a bonus of Jeremy doing what he does for a job, cos it means that he has contacts in the plumbing industry and that also means wholesale prices on most things - YAY!
It's gonna be a pretty simple bathroom, but I don't mind, as the plan is still to finish all the renovations, then rent it out and buy somewhere else.
Of course this wont happen for a couple of years, but at least having a new bathroom will make it a hell of a lot easier to deal with!
Once the bathroom is done, we will get the builder to start on the outside, and replace the rotting weatherboards........ then we can get it painted finally!
So, it's all moving ahead, and I'm loving it!
Not much more to report.....
I'm just cruising along at the moment, loving life and feeling so bloody liberated after my adventure weekend!
I haven't even been near the scales since before I went, and I tell ya what - the feeling of FREEDOM is amazing!
There is no stress about what numbers will flash up before me in the morning.
It's just fantastic to be able to finally accept that I am here - I am healthy and I don't actually NEED to see a certain number on the scales to be happy....
I LOVE IT!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the world of healthy people :)
ReplyDeleteGreat about the bathroom....you never know...we might come to stay .......babysittting..... before you move!!!!!!! LOL
Love ya & have a great weekend. Talk soon :)
Have a great weekend mate.
ReplyDeleteA new bathroom (even a simple one) will be brilliant. I'm hoping to get mine one day (when finances allow).
You've worked damn hard for that freedom, you deserve it! As to the ham idea, try it with slices of hard boiled egg too, that will definitely raise the protein levels. Hope you had a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteJust read this..freedom..your bet your ass! Its a whole new world when you get to the point that you dont need let the digits pick your mood for that day.
ReplyDeleteThe mind games just drop off.
Well done chicky!
Xxxxx Trudi