Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Wednesday 2nd July
Apparently the treadmill is being relegated to the garage!!!
Jeremy is sick of being woken up by my "thump thump thumping"!!!
Get used to it buddy...... it's gonna keep on happening!!!
Hahahahahahahaha..........
Oh yeah - I'm officially deaf!!
I went to the Audiologist this morning, and it turns out that I was right - I'm DEAF!!!
I have a "severe" hearing loss in my left ear, and a "moderate" loss in my right.
Seems like I need not one, but TWO - yep - you read right, TWO hearing aides!!!
That'll be $5K thanks !!!!!
There is a small light at the end of the tunnel though....
I can apply for a grant through the "Enable New Zealand" association, and they will contribute up to 2/3 of the cost.
Fantastic!!!!
But.............. that still means I have to come up with about $1700 before I can start the process of getting a hearing aide (or TWO!!!)
On my current budget, that is going to take a blimmen long time to do....
And.............. the grant through Enable takes AT LEAST 6 months to process, so unless I can magically find $5000, I have to wait for the grant to be approved, and then wait until I have enough money to make up the balance, and then, maybe then - I will be able to hear what everyone else takes for granted.
Hmmmmmm, times like this I really really wish I could win lotto!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amazing isn't it that it takes so bloody long to process a grant for something so important! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in regards to x-lotto but even if it does take 6 months there is light at the end of the tunnel.
ReplyDeleteWell done to you for the treadmill workouts too. I remember only too well how there's no stopping you when you get started with the exercise.
Hey Jo, long time no blog - or so I thought! I didn't realise when you stopped the other one you had started another! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your support last week :)
I look forward to reading your new adventures now! Any news of the cat/kittens??
K x
Well that just........sucks.
ReplyDelete