Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday 9th July


I'm beginning to dread Wednesdays at work.
It is the day that I have NO meetings, NO reports to compile, and basically NO other work to get on with.
I have some online study that I could do, and I guess I will look at that this afternoon, but that leaves another 2 hours to fill in this morning.
What to do, what to do........

The treadmill got a workout this morning, after two morning of neglect, I felt too guilty lying in my gorgeous warm and snuggly bed.
So the ipod went on, and I sweated a bit.....
I'm enjoying it, but sometimes it's hard to get out of bed!
Now, if I could just control my eating, then maybe I would lose some weight!!!
But of course this IS NOT a weight loss blog, so that is all that I will say about that!!!
All I will say, is that I cannot afford to gain anymore weight..... and I mean that in a financial way!!
I had to go out yesterday and BUY new clothes that actually FIT me!!!!!
OK, so I got a couple of bargains thanks to the Farmers Red Dot sale, $210 worth of clothes for $84.
Two gorgeous skirts, and two lovely tops, so at least I have some clothes to wear to work now that I am not busting out of!!!!

Enough of that.........

The snow.
Jeremy's sister and husband suggested a while back that we all go away for the weekend with the kids, but we never got around to organising anything - Life just got in the way for all of us.
But..... through a friend of a friend, we heard of a cabin/house that was available for rent in Raetihi next weekend, so we all jumped at the chance.
There will be Me, Jeremy & Rhian, plus Sonya, Pete and their three kids, Jake, Ethan and Lizzie.
Lizzie and Rhian are like bestest friends, and Ethan is just slightly older than them (just turned 5) and the three of them play really really well together.
So we are going on a road trip to the snow!!!!
Will definitely pack warm clothes and jackets and lots and lots of socks!!!!!!!!
From what I remember about the snow, is no matter how waterproof you "think" your shoes are, you still manage to get wet FREEZING feet!!!
I so can't wait to get away for a break, and what makes it so much better is the people that we are going with are fantastic!  SO I know that it is gonna be a weekend of fun and laughs and probably a lot of wine once the kids are in bed!!!    *wink*

Tania - How did I train the boss to get ME coffee?????
Dunno actually!  hahahahaha...
When our manufacturing plant closed down, the coffee machine broke down around the same time, so instead of getting it fixed, management negotiated a deal with the gorgeous Italian Deli/Cafe down the road, that means that we can get REAL coffees at a subsidised price.
So instead of paying $4.50 for a latte, we pay just $2 and they are LOVELY!!!
Anyway, every morning at 9am, my boss trots down with a co-worker to get their caffeine fix, and it is just taken for granted now that he will get me now at the same time!
And how is this for cool....... if he isn't around, the guy that goes down with him every morning will ring me and ask if I want one!
I seriously never have to leave the office!!  Hahahahahahaha....
Oh yeah - if my boss is away, or GOD FORBID doesn't go down the road, then his boss will go and get me one!!!
I tell ya what - I have the guys around here trained pretty blimmen well these days!!!  


Righto - since I keep getting interrupted, this has taken me nearly 3 hours to type, so I'm gonna post it now before I get rudely interrupted again!
Besides, it's 12noon and that means I can sneak away for an early lunch!
Even if that does only mean going to Pak N Save for some coleslaw and tuna!!!  
How exciting.................. NOT!!!   lol

P.S.  No kittens yet.... I'm wondering if she's just getting fat??  *giggles*

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a bloody fantastic weekend in the snow... or curled up with a wine and good friends. Either way, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for giving the treadmill a workout - and double yay for having the boss trained - now if only you could have him trained to say yes whenever you wanted a day off, payrise etc ... lol ... oh we can live in hope!

    ReplyDelete