Monday, June 30, 2008
Monday 30th June
Lot's going on at the moment...
Thought we were going to have a lovely quiet child free weekend, but Jeremy arranged to babysit his nephews and niece on Friday night, so those plans went out he window.... Not that I minded too much of course!
Although in saying that - they wake up even earlier than what Rhian does, so at 5.45am on Saturday morning, I was up and about getting them sorted.
Their dad came and collected them at about 10am, and then the clean up began..... for two little kids, they can sure make a heck of a lot of mess!!!
Small price to pay though, cos it is their dad that came back later on and knocked down and cleared away the remainder of the chimney!
We had a blimmen big digger in the driveway all weekend, but at least the chimney is gone completely!
At one stage we had a gaping huge hole in the side of the house, where the chimney had been, but that soon got covered over and the hole in the floor got covered over too.
THANK GOD!!!
Now we just have to have the weatherboards on the outside of the house replaced, and then the new gib on the inside, and then we can plaster the lounge!!
Well, after I have finished stripping the remaining wallpaper on one wall, and after Jeremy has finished the 4th bedroom!
Good things take time so I am told!!!!!
After all the demo work on Saturday, we headed out to a posh do at the Intercontinental Hotel in the city.... It was for an organisation that Jeremy belongs to, and it was their AGM plus dinner and dance.
It was a great night, the food was amazing, the drinks flowed freely, and the company was wonderful as well.
We had taken the car in, as I wasn't going to drink, but that soon changed when Jeremy offered to book a room, so from there on in my wine glass didn't ever seem to get empty, as every time it got low, a waiter would be around topping the bloody thing up!
Makes it damn hard to keep track of the amount I was drinking, but by the end of the night I didn't care!!! lol
Once the festivities winded down at the hotel, a group of us headed out to check out some clubs, and we partied on until the wee small hours, finally getting back to the hotel at 3am!!!!! Not bad huh???
Now, because we hadn't planned on staying the night, neither of us had a change of clothes or anything with us, so the next morning we had to slink out in our party clothes from the night before!
Talk about feeling embarrassed!!!!
It was like doing the "Walk of Shame" after a night out when I was much MUCH younger!!!! hahahaha.......
To make matters worse, as the lift got to the ground floor, I was tying my hair up, and Jeremy managed to get out of the lift before the doors slammed shut again!!!!
SO there I was, stuck in a lift in the party clothes I had been wearing the night before, remnants of make up still clinging hopelessly to my face, my hair trying its hardest to escape from the half hearted ponytail i had tried to tie, and the lift doors swing open to an older couple, who looked me up and down, the man smirked a "Good Morning" and the lady just turned away!!
I am sure that they must have thought I had been up to no good by the look of me......
We get back down to the ground floor again, and there in the lobby was a couple that we really didn't want to see in our hungover states, so Jeremy was shooing me out the door, while trying to pay for the room and keep quiet and inconspicuous all at the same time!!!!!!
Of course the couple in the lift with me saw him do this, and I can only imagine what they must have thought!!!!!!
We had a good laugh about it when we finally made our escape and got to the car without being spotted, but at the time I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole!!!!!
Sunday was spent "recovering" from the previous night, and I wasn't feeling very well at all......... I don't think I will ever EVER learn about alcohol!!!!!
This morning when my alarm went off, I was still blimmen tired, so instead of jumping out of bed and getting ready for work, I thought I would just take 7 more minutes and hit the "snooze" button.
Well, the next thing I knew, Jeremy's phone was ringing and I turned over to see the alarm clock reading 8.13am!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY CRAP!!!!!
I start work at 8.15am!! lol.
I don't think I have ever moved so fast!!!!!
I HATE being late!!!
Rhian is back with us today, well she will be when I collect her from daycare this afternoon!
It amazes me how much I miss her when she is not with us.
She is turning in to such a cool kid, and will come out with the funniest things.
Last week she was looking through one of my drawers and found a "Bra" type thing.
It's one of those ones that has no straps, and it just sticks on to your skin and is supposed to hold everything in place - YEAH RIGHT!!!!!
It is skin coloured and fleshy feeling and kind of just looks like a couple of skinless boneless chicken breasts to be honest!!!!!!!!
Anyway......... she pulls them out of the drawer, holds them up and exclaims: "Mummy, these are your new boobies aye??"
I just cracked up laughing and said "Yes they are"
To which she replies "You bought your new boobies at the shop aye mum? Why did you buy them? Aunty Steph's are just down her top"
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha............................. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What the heck do you say to that one?????
Too cute!!
I can't wait to see her today that's for sure!
Oh yeah.............. anyone want kittens????
We have one pregnant cat!!!!!
We got a bit suspicious about a week ago when her tummy got fat and didn't seem to go down at all, and now, it is like she has grown twice the size overnight!!!
Her nipples are bigger and when they are squeezed gently, milk comes out!
Jeremy was googling cat pregnancy, and all the sites say that the cat will produce milk a few days before she gives birth!
WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!
That means that we will be having kittens anyday me thinks!!!!!
We made up a nice warm snuggly box for her to have them in, and she has been checking it out quite often, so it is now just a waiting game.....
We did plan on letting them each have a litter before getting them fixed up, so I guess it has just happened sooner than expected for Asha!
Well, not much more to report.......
I'm off to do some work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This post sure gave me a great Monday laugh!!!! Ha Ha.....next time throw some clothes in the car just in case...or at least your makeup & brush!!!!! As for your new boobies!!!!!!!!!ROFLMAO.
ReplyDeleteLuv ya
Ma xoxoxo
Thanks for the giggle today, can just see you in that lift. Funny. Wonder what the couple were thinking!!!!
ReplyDeleteOne things for sure, your weekends are never dull :-)
ReplyDelete