Monday, July 14, 2008
Monday 14th July
Still no kittens but at least now I am convinced that she is actually pregnant and not just a fatty po-po!
She was lying on the bed last night, stretched out, obviously trying to get some sleep but not having much luck due to the aerobics going on in her overstretched belly!
It was so funny to watch it, as we could see her belly jumping up and down, and every time there was a really movement, she would raise her head and look at us as if to say "Can ya stop it mum?"
Gawd only knows when she is going to have said babies though, so every day we play the waiting game, and hopefully I will have news and pictures soon enough.
With our impending trip away to the snow this weekend, Jeremy is in a bit of a tizz about whether to go or not.
Asha is his "baby" and he seems to think that she will not cope being alone in the house with kittens, or still pregnant.
Of course I have already spoken to a friend around the corner who has said that she will call in several times a day to check on her, but Jeremy is still concerned that his "baby" will miss him too much.....
*rolls eyes* Men!
The weekend flew by in a flurry of mindless TV, eating and sleeping!
I wasn't feeling the best on Friday, but had a date for dinner with some girlfriends that I didn't really want to miss, so I went along, only to be home tucked up in bed by 9.30pm.
Jeremy stumbled in at about 2.45am after being out with his workmates for a social club function.
To be honest - I wasn't expecting him anytime before 5am, and he wasn't nearly as drunk as I thought he would be!!!
Maybe he is growing up finally? lol
Anyway, once he has had a couple of drinks, he wants to solve all the problems of the world, and the early hours of Saturday morning were no different.
He finally shut up and drifted off into a snoring slumber at about 5am somewhere in the middle of telling me that we really should buy a rental property together!
Anyway, it can't have been very important if he fell asleep in the middle of explaining the benefits to me, so I gratefully closed my own eyes and joined him in the land of nod.
UNTIL he decided at 10am that it was wake up time, and that he wanted to cook lamb shanks for lunch!!!!
*rolls eyes again* .... MEN!!!!!
I convinced him that was a silly idea, and managed to get a little more sleep............
But I just wasn't feeling that great at all, and successfully wasted most of the day away lying around and watching mindless TV.
We caught up with his sister and brother in law in the afternoon for a brief visit, and that was about the highlight of our Saturday!!!
I still wasn't feeling the best yesterday, and when I woke with a stinker of a headache, I just rolled over and went back to sleep again.
I did get out of bed later and move to the couch in the sun, and fell asleep there as well.
I did some baking on Sunday afternoon as someone had given me a recipe for Chocolate Chip cookies that supposedly taste just like the "Cookie Time" cookies that you can buy.
Well the biscuits are lovely, and popular opinion at work today (yes I brought them to work to save me from eating them all at home) is that YES - they DO taste like cookie time cookies! So there ya go.......
We had to make a quick trip in to the city later that evening to deliver some stuff to one of Jeremy's customers as he (the customer) forgot to order it earlier and it was needed to carry on with a job.... he's not very organised I think!!
Actually, it was the same customer who needed some stock delivered last Sunday night as well!!!
Contractors - they think the world revolves around them!! lol
But I guess it did get us out of the house for an hour........... although it wasn't very exciting at all.........
Today I can't wait until 4.30pm because that means that I can go and collect Rhian from daycare!
She was with her dad last week, so I have missed her like crazy, and I can't wait to see her!!!!
I will be able to tell her that we are going away "on holiday" to see the snow next weekend!
Wonder what her reaction will be?!?
I'm picking she will be more excited at the new snow clothes that I bought her!!
That's my girl....... she gets excited about pink clothes! lol
No doubt I will also get a barrage of questions about why the cat hasn't had her kittens yet!
I managed to avoid the "How did the babies get in Asha's tummy?" questions last week......
Along with the "Is there a daddy cat?" question she fired at me as well.
Very inquisitive is my girl! Gotta love her for it!
55 minutes and I'm outta here...........
Not that I'm counting of course *wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Got to love pink clothes!!!! And those questions will no doubt be still waiting to be answered...LOL :)
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya
Ma xoxoxo
Oh I can relate to poor Asha, what I wouldn't give to have a good nights sleep without a baby moving around - and i'm only having one ... lol ... hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
ReplyDeleteAnd how cute @ Rhian's questions - the inquisitive nature of kids huh? I bet she was excited about the news of her trip to the snow.