The "joys" of pregnancy are certainly starting to take their toll on me at the moment!
I'm lucky if I get an hour or two of unbroken sleep at a time at the moment.
Between me needing to get up to pee, the unrelenting leg cramps, the sciatic pain, and don't forget the hot sweats that literally have me waking up to a wet sheet, things are pretty miserable at night.
Of course, add in to that Miss Jaynie, who wakes twice a night still, just to have a bit of a cry and be re-settled...
That would make the upcoming weekend all the more needed for me.
What's so special about this weekend I hear you ask?
I'm going away on an overnight excursion - WITHOUT the kids, and WITHOUT the husband!!!
Yep - I'm getting out of the house for an entire night and most of the next day!
I
CAN'T
WAIT!!
Sonya, Amy, Hannah and I are heading over to Martinborough to stay on Friday night, then we are going to the Martinborough Fair on Saturday - WITHOUT ANY KIDS!!
None of us can remember the last time we got away for the night by ourselves without any children or men - so we are all looking forward to it!
Just secretly - I think I'm looking forward to it the most!
The others are talking of wine and wine and more wine.....
I'm thinking (and dreaming) of sleep!
Unbroken by a toddler who needs a cuddle...
Unbroken by an 8 year old who had a bad dream...
Unbroken by a husband tossing and turning next to me...
To NOT be woken by a sticky hand in my face, or an obnoxious alarm screeching in my ear.
I can't wait to lie down and know that I don't have to get up for anyone else (except the hitch-hiker in my belly) until daylight....
I CAN'T WAIT!!
P.S. This was me on Saturday - 24 weeks and counting :)

Enjoy your night away:-) You look stunning.
ReplyDelete