Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday 16th January 2013

I just realised I haven't updated at all this week yet - ooops!
The weekend was a lazy one, "quiet drinks" here on Friday afternoon turned into a late one and everyone finally leaving at about 1am!
I love entertaining, but even I was a bit over it all at one stage and came inside and watched some TV!

I've been getting really pissed off with how untidy the house is lately, and the fact that no one seems to pick after themselves at all, so I devised a cleaning plan!
And.... now I am "encouraging" everyone to tidy as they go.  It seems to be working and I think people are figuring out that it's easier to do things straight away rather than have me yell at them later!  hehehehehe....

Monday night I went to use the new carpet cleaner that I bought a few weeks ago, but discovered that the water tank had a big crack in it.
Not happy!
Anyway, I decided to try my luck at the store and ask for it to be repaired or replaced.... 
They agreed straight away without even batting an eyelid, so I'm now wondering if it is a problem that they have seen before?
Ah well.... they didn't have any in stock, so are sending one out to me from a different branch and it should be here today sometime - that's service!!

So..... I managed to get my $99 carpet cleaner replaced, but in the process, managed to lose my $1000 phone!!!
GUTTED!
It appears that I am a total moron and can't be trusted with a mobile phone at all!
I put it on the roof of my car so that I could get Jaynie in to her carseat, then proceeded to drive off over to Lower Hutt!
Yep - it's the second time I've done it in 6 months!  
Anyway, as soon as I realised what I had done, I drive straight home again and logged in to the app "Find my iPhone" but it said that the phone was offline and couldn't be traced.... BUGGER!
So, off again to retrace the route that I had taken, and see if we could see it on the road anywhere...
Nope, no such luck :(
I reported it as lost to the Police, and then headed home again - totally pissed off with myself.
On the way I called in to see Jeremy and tell him - I burst in to tears... what a dork - it's just a phone!!
He tried ringing it, and it actually did ring, so it meant that it had been turned on.
When I got home I tried to trace it again, and actually found it!
It was showing as being at a house on the other side of town, not too far from the route that I had taken earlier.
I told Jeremy, and he went and paid them a visit.
They flatly deny having the phone, or knowing anything about it, so there is pretty much nothing we can do now...
I rang the police back again, and they basically dismissed me saying that it was such a minor thing and that it couldn't be proved that anyone at that address actually had the phone any more, so it was a closed case so to speak.
I'll never see my phone again :(
It's been blocked now anyway - I made sure that I rang Vodafone and had everything on it blocked - even if someone tries to put a new SIM card in it - it wont work at all - YAY!

So now the insurance claim begins... and that is a whole other story!
I don't have a proof of purchase at all - I got ruthless a while back and chucked out the box for it - the receipt must have been in the damn box!
I'm usually so good at keeping EVERYTHING like that!
The chick at the Vodafone shop who I have spoken to, is not enthusiastic at all about going back through records to find a proof of purchase - even though I can give her the exact date I bought it (thanks to having a blog where I record mundane things like this!)
So despite four phone calls to her yesterday and one visit, it looks like today will involve another visit to the store, and also to the insurance agency to actually lodge the claim.
Then it will be a matter of just waiting....
And that is something that I'm not good at - at all!

It doesnt help that today, Rhian is having a birthday party for her doll - yep - you read that right!
She has done up invitations and everything!
OK, so she only has Lizzie and Ella coming with their dolls, but I've still had to blow up balloons, make fruit kebabs and wrap up a pass the parcel!!!
Even as I type this, I'm sitting here shaking my head at the sheer lunacy of it all!
But.... since I can't remember what it is like to be 8 years old, I'm just going along with it all - and trying to keep a smile on my face at the same time!

Besides - it will keep them amused for a few hours!
And Jaynie LOVES the girls that are coming over - it WILL be fun!

Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. Bugger about the phone....but great that it is of no use to anyone. Hopefully the Insurance & Vodafone will play nice :)
    The girls....... Dad & I both chuckled at them having a party for their dolls. :) It's really neat that they are being little girls and not trying to be grown ups too fast. I love that. Reinds me of the tea parties you used to have on the lawn and yes you had the dolls out there too LOL Jaynie will love it and I bet the girls will have her organised......just like you did with Steph LOL
    Enjoy your day and these girls while they are young.......all too soon you will be waiting to hear their key in the door at some late hour in the night!!!
    Love you
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we do as parents huh? We just made Paige a house for her doll (which is a bigger doll, not a barbie so you can imagine the size) and I think Dad enjoyed doing it more than she enjoys playing with it! It has windows, roman blinds and a light! The cat likes it...

    Have a fun party! They certainly do grow up waaay too fast... we're dealing with high heels and lip gloss at every turn (aged ALMOST 7)

    See ya

    Kate (kittie444)

    ReplyDelete