Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday 25th January 2013

Weird.... I did an update on Tuesday, and it's not here?
Lost somewhere in cyberspace I expect!
My memory is so shite these days I can't even remember what I said, but I definitely remember doing it - don't I?
Hmmmm......

It's been a busy week, I've had typing work to do and Miss Jaynie wont let me do it while she is up, so I somehow have to fit it in while she is sleeping - easier said than done when there is also general housework to do as well!
I'm now three days behind in my work for stuff that is due on Monday, so Jeremy has said that he will take her out for a few hours over the weekend and give me a chance to try and catch up!
THANK GOODNESS!

We went the the Family day at the Races last Monday (Wellington Anniversary Day hence a public holiday) and it was just brilliant!
Just the three usual families together (the ones we went camping with) and we all had loads of laughs again.
The kids had a blast and we barely saw them all day - it was brilliant!

Rhian went back to her Dad's on Tuesday and Jaynie is missing her terribly.
She keeps going to her door and banging on it!
Anyway, she'll be back on Monday so Miss Jaynie will be thrilled!

Speaking of Miss Jaynie, it's been over a week now since she has been in her "big girls" bed and she's only fallen out three times!  Hehehe...
The last time she did it, I rolled up an extra blanket and tucked it under the sheet (there was already one there) and that seemed to work!
She moves around so much when she is in bed, it's incredible!

On Tuesday night I stuck to my resolve of taking her bottle off her.
Yeah, I know - she's nearly 2, she shouldn't have a bottle anyway right!?
She used it as a comfort, and whenever she was hurt or upset (or going to bed) she wanted her "Boba" and nothing else would console her.
I was SURE that I was going to have a major battle on my hands as it was such a huge part of her bedtime ritual etc.
The first night I just told her that she was a big girl and that she didn't need a Boba.  Instead she just got given her favourite "Baby" and told to go to sleep.
It took about an hour for her to settle, but it was nowhere near as bad as what I thought it was going to be!
No tears, no dramas, just her getting up and trying to entertain herself with books or shoes or puzzles etc.
We just kept putting her straight back down again and in the end, she got the message!
So today is Friday, it's been three nights and there is no mention at all of her Boba!
Last night she slept from 7pm through until 4.30am!
And at 4.30am she was only grizzling because she had got tangled up in her sheets!
I'm loving it!
The Boba was the cause of me getting up three or four times a night as well, because every time she lost it, I would have to go in and find it and resettle her.
She obviously knows now that she doesnt have it or need it, and just resettles herself - YAY!
I'm thinking I should have done it months ago!
And I tell ya what - it's one mistake I sure as hell wont be making with the new baby!!

Not much else going on here at all.... I bought some new fabric to make curtains (again) for the baby's room.
It's a light purple colour so will go well with the pale green walls.
I've also ordered a couple of wall decals (stick on ones) in shades of purple/pink so hopefully (fingers crossed) it should all look OK once completed!

Miss Jaynie is obsessed with Dora the Explorer (Doodoo) at present, so I ordered a wall decal for her room too - I'm sure she will love it!

Righto - time to have a shower I guess :)
I've got a cake in the oven that I am taking down to Jeremy and his crew for morning tea, so better make sure I don't turn up there in my PJ's!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jo

    I was wanted to let you know that I am sending you an email from my hotmail account, just so you know it is not junk mail..lol..

    Cheers Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on weaning little miss off her bottle.
    Wish we could wean Keera off her dummy... it drives us nuts when we have her overnight, cos like Jaynie, she loses it in the bed and we have to get up and down all night finding the bloody thing.
    Looking forward to seeing baby's room when you've finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, I feel like a meanine as I dropped the bottle at twelve months (mainly as plunket said it was fine) so was swapped over for a sippie cup to use during the day which doesn't get taken to bed or used as a comforter. Was a little worried how things would go dropping the bottle but it really wasn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh, I feel like a meanine as I dropped the bottle at twelve months (mainly as plunket said it was fine) so was swapped over for a sippie cup to use during the day which doesn't get taken to bed or used as a comforter. Was a little worried how things would go dropping the bottle but it really wasn't a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trick for the bed for Jaynie is to use a pool noodle (few dollars each) and tuck that in under the base sheet along the side of the bed and that should help with not falling out, cheers.

    ReplyDelete