Well my relaxing weekend away with no kids didnt exactly go according to my master plan....
We got away nice and early, there were no repeated calls of "Mum" all over the house, the place we stayed was gorgeous and QUIET, and it was just brilliant to be away without a care in the world....
UNTIL.... I got a bad case of Gastro or Food poisoning (jury is still out on that one) on Friday night!
We went out for dinner to the local pub, the other two girls got Steak, I got Pork.
They were fine... unless you count the massive hangovers caused by consuming far too many $15 cocktails each!
I was as sick as a dog!
It started at about 2am Saturday morning when I was woken with stomach cramps so bad I actually thought there was something wrong with the baby and that maybe I was in premature labour!
Yep - pretty horrific cramps!
Then the vomiting began, followed shortly after by the runs and all three continued all through the night at 10 minute intervals!
By the time the sun rose, I was exhausted and totally empty!
I couldn't let the others miss the fair, so I slapped on a smile, and some clothes, and off we went...
But, the smells of all the food stalls took it's toll on me and I ended up leaving them there and going back to the house for a lie down.
The girls called me at about 1pm and I went and picked them (and their purchases up and we came back to the house where we all had a bit of a siesta, then packed up and headed home.
I was glad to get home to my own bed and surroundings, but sad that I wasn't able to take full advantage of my time away like I had planned to :(
I didn't eat for all of Saturday, and woke on Sunday still feeling a bit second hand.
Monday I was back to "normal" and it all seems like a distant memory - even the time out!
Saw the midwife yesterday for my monthly check up and everything is ticking along nicely, she got the heartbeat straight away and it is god and strong, so that was reassuring.Have to go for blood tests at 28 weeks, then another scan at 32 and 36 weeks, just to monitor growth - it's not the normal practice to have so many growth scans, but because of my surgery, and Jaynie being small, Mary (midwife) just wants to keep an eye on things - and of course I don't mind cos it means I get to see my wee girl before I meet her - YAY!
Rhian went back to school yesterday, so it's just Jaynie and I at home again now, it's so quiet!
I think Miss Jaynie is sick of my company already!
Good thing I'm looking in to getting her in to Playcentre - she needs it!
Nasty but glad you are feeling better :)
ReplyDeleteLeanne
Oooh, poor you. I had food poisoning at 7 months pregnant and thought I was dying! I was living in London at the time and my husband was on night shift.... I ended up calling the doctor out around 2 am 'cos I thought I was in labour too!!
ReplyDelete